Hotel Oriental
Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$89
$86
$91
Taj Bengal Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$133
Swissotel Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$75
$67
Radisson Kolkata Ballygunge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$113
$107
Radisson
ITC Sonar(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$199
$106
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$103
The Park Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$130
$72
  • Breakfast included
The Oberoi Grand(Kolkata (Calcutta))
$144
$106
$109
$64
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Decently clean atmosphere for a short stay. A sure grab on the money.

Hotel staff are helpful. You might have to tip them though. Room service is average.
Room has a geyser facility and a functioning AC.

Food is not available at the hotel.

Not a pleasing entrance; Quiet dirty, in fact!

NOT recommended for a single girl/group of girls.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Good air con, friendly staff, clean sheets & room - just remember to bring your own top sheet! I recommend the sweet shop on the corner of Marquis Street. Staff expect a tip for showing you up, 5 or 10 rupees is enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank rixyf22
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days. Because it was a business trip, I arrive after 8pm daily....just hoping to have a sound sleep. And it was the perfect place for that.
The hotel's location is very unique. You can easily reach there even in the midnight.
Rooms are great considering the price we are paying.
Overall it is definitely a good deal for the money we are paying.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank eldho00
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I found clean bedroom & bath, clean hotel floor, AC working, TV,friendly staff and front desk. Although lift is old but still working. Street side rooms are traffic noisy.Taxis available anytime. 2 min walk to "MORE" supermarket on Mirza Ghalib Rd. I will definitely comeback to this hotel - soft on pocket - INR790/night room only. Kolkata has street foods,fruits and juices glore if one is tolerant/not fussy

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank abmgagai
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I paid INR 860 for 2 nights after getting a INR 500 Voucher off on Makemytrip.com, besides a Promotional Discount of INR 236 running...........Trust me Ive never paid less than 800 for An A/C room anywhere in India.....here I paid INR 60 more for 2 nights.......
thats like a steal !!!

Its not in the best area.....but is conveniently located around 10 minutes walk from Park Hotel and around 15 mts walk from the Metro Station.........so it has that advtg..

Food is good around.......can try alot of good junk food in and around 3-5 minutes walk from here....didnt try room service....

From what I saw, they had alist of big corporates who patronise them.....which seems impressive, for low budget travellers/ staff travelling.

The rooms were ok,nothing great.....I mean its ok for the price..the A/C is good and strong as it was teriibly hot and humid outside.....

The toilet was also ok/ bearable........I always fear that when I opt for such low budget accomodations...but all ok

What was funny was that they have a big gate....It was a weekend and a I was returning from a function, with new found friends who dropped me back -where I got bit tipsy, , so when I got back late around 2 am. I had to ring the bell around the gate and knock on the gate hard enough to bruise my fist and knuckles, until the watchman came to open it 20 minutes later.......

The next morning, when I went to discuss this the front desk staff, she showed me the notice stuck on the wall above....." It readsomething like Gate will close at 1 AM and you need to infor them before hand that you will get back later than that ........

No arguements,but I next time will take their" permission' before going clubbing out.....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business