“below expectation expensive in comparison of service”
Review of Viceroy Hotel

Viceroy Hotel
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Darjeeling
Reviewed April 30, 2012

we visited viceroy Darjeeling in Apr 2012 . food and rooms are just ok but they charge like something very special even for the water. i got much much better service in the gangtok hotel in half price. not at all worthy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amanNewDelhi
There are newer reviews for Viceroy Hotel

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed in hotel during March 2012 , when weather was pleasant.Hotel is located near Mall , but is surrounded by all kinds of properties -houses,shops, offices etc.So, except the view from room from top (when one can see mountains) , its not too great. Place is clean and staff is helpful , rooms are ok but food is just average - no variety and at at times there was no buffet and so you get , what ever is decided by Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I went to Darjeeling with my wife and daughter and stayed here.The hotel is very near Mall Road(3 minutes walk).The service is prompt and efficient.The food quality is good but lacks variety.The staffs are courteous.In fact,I have a problem with my first room(it was at 5th floor and pigeons in the roof were disturbing my sleep).But Ali,the manager,changed the room promptly.Sight-seeing were good,and the hotel took good care of that.The only problem is that number of items in buffet breakfast and dinner is low and there is too much repetition.One suggestion to hotel staff-why not use bakeries like doughnut & croissant,and momo?they are easily available in Darjeeling.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tgataghosh
Reviewed October 16, 2011

we put up here in 2007 when the place was relatively new....still when we checked into the room & i visited the toilet i could see an old vest hanging on the door & an unflushed pot....imagine this service at such a high rate these guys charge....on complaining they however changed the room but the new one had no view at all.....
these guys close the kitchen very fast & the food is not that good either....

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank rupakthetripper
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Nice hotel,very clean with a nice view on the mountains and good food. The rooms are a bit small. If you are looking for a quiet room pickone up on the back side. The front side with a view is very noisy early in the morning when 4X4 come to pick-up tourists togo and look at the tiger peak mountains.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Noel P
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel is located just next to the Clock tower in Darjeeling.. the location is good and the rooms are designed in a colonial style... The buffet was ok, and the room service was ok. however, the hotel is noisy. The whole lobby/foyer and the stairs is stone/marble clad and there is no provision for damping of noise. you can hear the doors closing all through the night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JamesnLizby
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I never doubted the genuinity of any review about any hotel that I read on this site, and with the same token I expect somewhat strongly, that my this review will also be seen in the right perspective and will be of great help to fellow travellers who plan to visit Darjeeling.

Our vacation started from 19th of June with Darjeeling as the first destination. I searched this hotel myself on net and hence had no references from anyone whatsoever. Much ahead of our trip, I had written a mail to the management of this hotel in which I clearly mentioned my requirements, my budget and also my expectations. I got an interim reply within hours saying that keeping all aspects in mind, they will design a tailor made package for me and mail same to me for my reiview in next 24 hours which they really did. Trust this, the amount was quite reasonable and they provide me everything, starting from pick up from Bagdogra airport to sight seeing to drop to Gangtok.

Agree, that for all above I paid, but what I did not pay for and I got is something which has more value and made our trip one of our best vacation we have had thus far. Courtesies shown by driver to General Manager of the hotel, support staff, houskeeping staff, restaurant staff, front office staff and even the Guards. Something to be remembered forever.

Even if I brainstrom for hours together, I will not be able to find even a single point where I could get a chance to say that "It could be better", because everything was already at its best. Mind you, having associated with big MNCs at a senior level, I travel a lot, within the country and ovderseas and therefore, I am well aware of all parameters attached to the hospitality trade.

For travellers who value security, hygenic conditions, good food and real value for money with personalised emotions attached with the services, Hotel Viveroy should be the final choice. I am sure you will not be disappointed a bit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family