We stayed here for 7 nights, so we're able to negotiate a good reduction.
Positive points; very clean, spacious, excellent breakfast, overall service was excellent, great location only about 5 mins walk from many nice restaurants etc. Very nice and spacious communal areas. Some nice touches, ie complimentary hot water bottles.
Negative points; the WiFi was very slow and difficult to connect to, we had to use a nearby internet cafe. The building was extremely cold and our room had a lot of damp. Another guest had been locked out at 11pm and was ringing doorbell, so we were woken up and had to let him in, I don't know where the staff were, but he had been waiting a long time and would probably have been left to sleep on the streets had we not let him in.
Our negative points are relatively minor and might not be applicable had we been in another room or had different computers. overall I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Darjeeling, close to the Mall's shopping and entertainment, is "Snowlion Homestay." The hotel is owned & managed by a Tibetan family. Located on Gandhi Road, which is a continuation of the Mall Road, it provides an ideal base for the many local tourist attractions, whilst being in a central, upmarket area of the town. All our rooms have en suite (attached) bathroom with showers, hot & cold running water (24hrs), W.C, in-house telephone and remote control television with Cable TV (37 channels including BBC, Star TV, Zee, ESPN etc). We provide room heaters and hot water bottles at no additional cost during the winter season. WI-FI is freely accessible in the lounge. We would be happy to arrange for a taxi to collect you at BGD airport or NJP station. We have pick-up from BGD airport or NJP station and travel to Darjeeling (one way). If you choose to use us to be dropped back to the Airport or Station at the end of your stay, we will arrange it. The drive up to Darjeeling is 3hrs and is in any event very scenic. Often tourists choose to use a slightly longer (and even more scenic) route via Mirik Lake. This latter route is approximately 4 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Snow Lion HomeStay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow Lion Homestay Darjeeling
- Snow Lion Homestay Hotel Darjeeling