Firstly, the locality of the hotel is pathetic to say the least. It is a very crowded area and a narrow road. Half of the road is occupied by parked vehicles and it is very difficult to drive.
They gave us a room in 5th floor without any lift. The room was very small. The only good thing was that the hills were a beatiful view from the room. Lift issue is understandable given the power situation in Darjeeling.
They promised that hot water will be available from 7 AM to 10 AM. But the problem is water was never hot. Normal water felt like ice and hot water is similar to normal water in Chennai. In that climate and without hot water it was very difficult.
They never gave towels till the end.
Next comes the breakfast. While we felt happy that they had continental, north Indian as well as South Indian food in breakfast, our happiness was shortlived when we tasted. My request is, kindly do not serve south Indian food if you dont know how to make it. Idly was ok but upma, sambar and chutney were horrible. We had to live on breads. Tea was ok. We didnt have courage to try coffee even once.
I realise that there are some operational difficulties in Darjeeling but some of the issues can be easily sorted out if the management has to the willingness to serve the guests for the money they get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the town, Hotel Seven Seventeen is the ideal place to stay in whether you are here for holiday or on business trip. The Mall, main bus and taxi stands, local market, banks and entertainment centers are all within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Seven Seventeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Seventeen Darjeeling
- Seven Seventeen Hotel Darjeeling