The hotel was booked via Cleartrip around 3 months in advance. The booking was in place but the rooms were not ready even reaching 3 hours after hotel check-in time. Took them another 1 hour to set the room. Was very annoying after tiresome journey. Bed was comfortable and duvet was warm. Hot water available from 7am till 9am and 5pm till 7pm. The shower pressure with hot water was very relaxing. Were staying at 2nd floor and no noise from outside to hamper your sleep. There was no house-keeping service for 3 days we stayed!! Just opposite the hotel there is shortcut to the mall which will take around 5 mins but if you want to avoid the steep climb then one can reach the mall in around 10 mins. Rooms were bigger compared to Darjeeling standard. We ate at the hotel's restaurant. Taste was not as per with other Tibetan restaurants. The way they prepared Darjeeling tea was unacceptable spoiled the flavor. The food service was extremely slow. The management does allow smoking inside the restaurant but don't have separate smoking zone. But after so many observations still giving 4 star for the room costing me INR 1100 per night. Good value for money all-together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the town, Hotel Seven Seventeen is the ideal place to stay in whether you are here for holiday or on business trip. The Mall, main bus and taxi stands, local market, banks and entertainment centers are all within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Seven Seventeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Seventeen Darjeeling
- Seven Seventeen Hotel Darjeeling