This hotel has a strange history. If the owners are to be believed then the hotel is named Seven Seventeen because every one in the owners family was born (or died) on either of these two dates which is quite spooky.
The facilities in the hotel are okay , which we can expect from a budget hotel, colour TV , attach bathroom with a water heater etc. The cleanliness was average. The rooms were not very big or spacious but they did give a cozy feeling. The hotel is on a busy street and is centrally located. This is a big advantage as there are plenty of places to shop and eat around. But because of its location on the main road there can be some noise and pollution in your rooms(especially if it is located at the front side).
The restaurant looked okay although we only had breakfast in it because there are plenty of places to eat around. The service and staff are quite friendly and helpful.
All in all it was a good experience considering its moderate prices and central location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the town, Hotel Seven Seventeen is the ideal place to stay in whether you are here for holiday or on business trip. The Mall, main bus and taxi stands, local market, banks and entertainment centers are all within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Seven Seventeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Seventeen Darjeeling
- Seven Seventeen Hotel Darjeeling