“good spot if you can walk”
Review of Chalet Hotel

Chalet Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Chalet Hotel
Ranked #60 of 97 Hotels in Darjeeling
Jalpaiguri, India
“good spot if you can walk”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have just returned from Darjeeling and writing this review. The last time I was in DARJEELING and was on MALL I made up my mind to stay in this hotel. If you consider the location I would say this is the spot where you should stay but on the same hand if you ask regarding the slandered of service and hospitality I certainly say you should not stay here. The rooms of this hotel is good bathroom is clean but could be cleaner. Which most upset me regarding this hotel is the approach of the lady who appears to be the owner/manager of this property. She behaves with the customer as if the customers should be obliged to her for all the time their stay in the hotel. Please note you can't go to this hotel with your taxi or any other transportation and you will have to walk with your all luggage to this hotel from the taxi stand. The advantage of this hotel is you need not to come to male by walking any more as this is situated in mall, but sorry I don't find any reason that why I should appreciate this hotel besides its location more so when considering the behavior of its owner/manager. Over telephone I was assured that I will be given a mall view room but when I reached to the hotel I found those rooms were given to the others when I raise that point I was told I am free to leave the hotel as I reached there about 7.30pm I was in short of options and stayed their in the given room for that single night only and on the very next morning shifted to another hotel. I am not very sure whether this is a true attitude/approach to run business.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
12 Thank rajarshibhowmik

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
manipal
Reviewed December 3, 2009

the hotel is located bang on the chowrasta. the rooms are very comfortable and well maintaned. the hotel is run by an elderly couple who try and take personal care of all the customers. they try to do all that they can to make your stay comfortable.i would strictly recommend people to stay at this hotel. i stayed there once and had the experience of a lifetime.... :)

• Liked — the location of the room which overlooks the chowrasta
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank wanderer2605
Chittagong City, Bangladesh
Reviewed June 7, 2008

During our stay at Darjeeling, we visited Chalet Hotel to meet a retired couple.

Our observations:
Truly pathetic hotel to stay at the Mall location.
Worst hotel in Darjeeling.
Rooms have no heating arrangement.
The Owner/Manager does not know ABCD of hospitality business. Rude and arrogant appearance.

The sixty-year-old lady whom we went to meet, could not sleep all night due to heavy cold as there were no heating arrangement even after repeated request made to the hotel reception.

One can find better hotels in Darjeeling with the same tariff being charged by Chalet Hotel.

Don't stay at Chalet Hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2003, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank Mizanur

Travelers are raving about these Darjeeling hotels