“Life-time moments on the Singalila Ridge”

Ashmita Trek and Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ashmita Trek & Tours is a family Organization of Adventure Trekking & Tours Company in Darjeeling India, we arrange large variety of extreme adventure activities those include trekking, day hiking,private day tours camping, Culture tours, home stays,mountain biking, cycling day tours and much more.... to north east India including Darjeeling, Sikkim, Bhutan & Nepal. We are a group of passionate young travel professionals with many years of experience in Himalayas mountaineering and related adventure tours, trekking, activities,
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Life-time moments on the Singalila Ridge”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This was a highlight of our 8 months trip around India and Nepal, and that's saying a lot as we had a great deal of amazing experiences!! We do a fair bit of trekking but not often with a guide. As you need a guide to trek the Singalila we wanted to make sure it was with someone who added to the experience rather than just supervise us around the trek. We found Subash's office next to our hotel in Darjeeling and after a great chat and a warming cup of tea were excited of what they had to offer. We also checked out the tripadvisor reviews and there really is nothing hiding behind all those great comments.

From when we met Subash and Ajay, our guide, the experience was incredible. Ajay was a phenomenal and knowledgeable guide who looked after us royally and Subash arranged everything perfectly. The sunrise views across 4 of the 5 highest mountains in the world is a memory we'll carry with us forever. We cannot recommend this trek enough, and if you go, go with Ashmita!!

Ruth & Klas

Visited March 2014
1 Thank RHyllen

“Best Himalaya experiencie!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We spent 3 days in Darjeeling with Subash, our guide, who showed us all the necesary things to have a global Himalaya experiencie. It was wonderful! Thank his knowledge about the region, the mountains, culture and relgions we could enjoy this marvellous place! Hiking in singalilia in the border of Nepal and India, visting the budist monasterys, eating with local families delicious meals and visiting Darjeeling and the tea factories. Best guide ever known that takes care everytime of their customers with kindness, Subash is now our friend! Thank you very much!

Visited August 2014
Burg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“four days tour at singalila trek”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We (five Germans) travelled with Ajay at the boarder of Nepal / India and it was so amazing. Hard walk with cold weather conditions but our guide cared very good about us and we had often a warm tea and best food. Aslo Ajay told us everything we wanted to know, about the landscape, religion, birds, other animals, people... and he speaks excellent english. We had very beautifull sunrises and a great view to the holy mountain.
Many thanks for this wonderfull trip.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Domik0815
AshmitaT, Owner at Ashmita Trek and Tours, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Domik and friends Namaste,
Thank you very much for spending your precious time to share your experience with us and you had amazing time during your trekking with our guide Ajay.
Clients satisfaction is our first priority and we are glad to succeed in yours too.
thank you very munch for recommended Ashmita Trek and Tours . we hope to see you in future,
Best regards
Subash & Ashmita team,
San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful Guides”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Subash is an extremely genuine and personable guide. The views on our trek were stunning, but what made the trip for me was getting to know Subash and his guide along the way. They're extremely knowledgeable and definitely give you the most value for your money.

I hope to come back one day for more trekking :)

Visited July 2014
2 Thank jephdo
Dear Jephodo Namaste,
Thank you for your great recommended reviews on TA. We are very satisfied to know you had great time travelling with Ashmita Trek and Tours .We would love to plan your trip in the Himalayas any time in future, please feel free to contact us.
Best regards
Subash & Ashmita Team,
Main Beach, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I travelled in Darjeeling recently with Ashmita trek and tours. As a solo female traveller and having not done any travelling on my own I was apprehensive. However my concerns were immediately put at ease. I was met by my courteous driver at Bagdogra airport who drove us up the stunning mountains to Darjeeling, stopping along the way for lunch. I was taken to my hotel (Dekeling Hotel) which was clean, secure, had friendly and helpful staff and the view from my room was worth climbing all of the stairs.

I met Subash, later that evening who was very welcoming, told me about Darjeeling and my plan for the day tour the next day. The next morning I got up early to go to tiger hill, it was cloudy but I was able to get glimpses of the Himalayan mountain ranges. I was then taken to the monasteries and war memorial on the way back in to town.

After breakfast I met Subash who took me on my day trek/ hike around Darjeeling. I had the option of walking or going by car and chose to walk. So glad I did. It allowed me to fully appreciate the stunning landscape and Darjeeling culture, although the trek up the mountain was hard work later in the day. It was just myself on my tour, so I had a private tour of Darjeeling with Subash, who was very informative and answered all of my questions about Darjeeling, and also Indian and Nepali culture. He tailored my day trip to what I wanted to see and do. We visited the zoo, the mountaineering institute, the happy valley tea plantation, monasteries, the Japanese peace pagoda, we had high tea and went to the markets.

The next day I was driven back down to Bagdogra to make my plane for my trip home.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Ashmita trek and tours. I thoroughly enjoyed my tour. I was able to see, do and learn so much in such a short time in such a beautiful place. I felt safe and very welcome. Looking forward to visiting again.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank jana_westerhof
AshmitaT, Owner at Ashmita Trek and Tours, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Jana Namaste !
Thank you very much for such a great review recommended on TripAdvisor ,
We really appreciate your every words and we are very sure that this review would be of great help to every travelers.
we always tries to provide the best possible services to our clients from whichever part of the world and we are glad to be succeeded in yours too. we would love to share always our guest there option and explain beauty nature and historical part of Himalayas,

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to any part of the Himalayas country Darjeeling, Sikkim, and Nepal, in the near future.
Wishing you all the best and take care!
Regards,