Central Heritage Resort and Spa, Darjeeling
Hotel Mohit(Darjeeling)
Park Lane Hotel(Darjeeling)
Bellevue Hotel(Darjeeling)
View Hotel
All reviewsbed warmermodern amenitiesmaintained propertybuffet dinnerbreakfast spreadwooden floorsroom heaterhotel is centrally locatedenjoyed my staybritish eraold world charmcomfortable staytaxi standroom service isgreat hospitalitysight seeingmain market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is old hotel, established 19.5.
The room is very big for 2 and also all wood.
The staff is friendly although not all have good english.
They also have wi-fi in the reception area.
The location of the hotel also good, not too far from the crowd.
The breakfast is standard, nothing special and nothing bad, and when I stayed there, they gave free dinner.
Only one thing that I didnt like is they turn off the light on the corridor after midnight until morning.
Oberall, this is a nice hotel but old hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AgungI
Kanika_mhs, Owner at Central Heritage Resort and Spa, Darjeeling, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you. Hope you had a nice stay.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel has the date 1905 over the door and was clearly built in a time when big rooms were the norm and an army of servants were available to keep stoking the fire in every room. Not the case in 2013 so the rooms were cool but ours was kept comfortable by an electric fire. We found the staff helpful, the laundry prompt, the breakfast good and had a very comfortable stay,
Still haven't worked out how the corridor leading to the rooms was always colder than outside - ye canna change the laws of Physics but this seemed to

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob R

Thank you for taking the time out to write in detail. It is indeed a challenge to maintain and keep such big rooms warm. But I hope it added the heritage and old world charm to your stay.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have stayed in club room for 4 days with family in march 2013.overall stay was excellent.location perfect. room too big and clean.service good.staff polite and helpful.ready to do anything for you.I would definitely recomend to my friends.and will return whenever in darjeeling.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank aggarw
Kanika_mhs, Owner at Central Heritage Resort and Spa, Darjeeling, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Motorcycling across India and Nepal. Reached Darjeeling and I always had good stays at fortune in other parts of India.

We went out for dinner and asked for a cold beer. The waiter immediately takes a bottle out and walks away for a good few minutes to bring the Bill and wanted me to sign.

The beer was warm by then. Rats in rooms was a bonus.
Next morning after strolling for a while we asked for Pepsi. Same drill and cold Pepsi was myth.

When finishing the payment the card machine didn't work. So I had to ride to nearest ATM to bring cash. Worthless.
Didn't expect this from fortune....

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank handlebarmush
bkanoria, Owner at Central Heritage Resort and Spa, Darjeeling, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for your feed back. Do you remember your room number? we will look into the matter. We regret the bad experience.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Fortune Resort for 3 nights after an unhappy period of time in Bangladesh with Bangla-belly, as part of a group tour. Although still feeling ill, the Fortune certainly raised my spirits and put a smile on my pale face!

We were greeted with tea and biscuits, which we took by the windows near the dining area, with an outlook of the Himalayas, while our luggage was transferred to our rooms. This area of the hotel was cold but the welcome refreshments and lovely view went some way to appeasing this.

My large room was on the lowest floor and I could not have been happier with it. It had a somewhat theatrical feel to it, with its huge expanse of wooden floors! There was a pleasant cushioned, seating area near the window, replete with a table with a selection of biscuits, with complements, and a heater. Easily pleased, as I am, I was elated to see hot drinks making facilities provided! The bed was huge and made with a variety of heavy woollen blankets which reminded me of staying at my Grandparents when I was young, and being unable to move once i was tucked up in bed, for the weight of the bed linen! The finishing touch where the bed linen's concerned was to be found in the wardrobe: the thickest, heaviest, warmest fleece blanket that I have ever had the fortune to be snuggled up in! The bathroom was large, clean and adequate.

My favourite part of the room was the open fire which you can request to be lit each night at a cost of around 300Rupees. Sitting infront of the log fire, wrapped in the uber-fleece blanket, with a brew and a good book, in the foothills of the Himalayas, takes some beating.

You can also ring room service and request a hot water bag too, which is perfect for warming those cold tootsies in bed!

The breakfast spread is reasonable and plentiful and I would highly recommend the porridge!

The location is great and the staff are attentive, efficient, polite and helpful.

Beautifully quaint.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ClementineDaze
Kanika_mhs, Owner at Central Heritage Resort and Spa, Darjeeling, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was very encouraging to read your review.