Dekeling Hotel
$71
Cedar Inn(Darjeeling)
$140
  • Breakfast included
Singtom Tea Estate & Resort(Darjeeling)
$88
TripAdvisor
Windamere Hotel(Darjeeling)
$198
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot watercommon roomtibetan restaurantlounge arearestaurant downstairsmountain facing roomflights of stairstop floortaxi standdarjeeling teano liftcentral locationtiger hillsuper deluxe roomsviews of the mountainshome away from homeevery evening
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The location of the hotel is probably the most convenient for any traveller from mobility, view, shopping, outside restaurants and of course the Mall. I have travelled with my spouse and an infant for whom I had placed series of demands to the authorities right from speed of the pick up and drop car to warm water, special food (for the infant), room heater, etc. which were all provided with a smile and on time everytime. Morover the behaviour of the hotel staff would never make you feel away from home. They have always kept my preferences first and during my 5 day's stay they have never given me a scope to complain.

Room Tip: Room with a mountain view on the top floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sumone25
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family on a trip to Darjeeling. The hotel location is pretty good and it is near some really good restaurants. The rooms themselves are a bit tacky by western standards and the bathrooms could use some improvement. Staff is very pleasant but as to be expected in this part there is some lacking English which can lead to some lost in translation moments. Overall a good experience.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank nkaynor
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Visited Darjeeling with my family ( of 3) in Mar 2014 and I had picked Dekeling cos of the great reviews and to sum it up quickly, its just as good as I read it would be!
The location is kind of perfect as its smack in the middle of the main road overlooking Keventers.

The hotel is actually on the upper floors of the building and requires some climbing to reach. Our room wasnt ready when we reached but the ever so hospitable Mrs. Sangy ( the hostess) showed us around the hotel, introduced us to the staff & Dolma ( her lovely pet dog) made us very comfortable in the brilliant lounge that they have and served us fresh darjeeling tea which rejuvenated us after the long drive from Pelling.

Our room was ready very soon -it was a bit small but was clean & a nice view of the street as well as the valley outside. Heaters are charged extra ( i think it was Rs.400 /night ). The wifi signal wasnt very good in my room ( just next to the reception) but the lounge area has good connectivity. The highlight of this hotel is the great staff & the fantastic lounge area which is well equipped with wifi , tons of books and a fireplace which is really great on cold nights. Dont bother going to Tiger hill - The view of Kanchenjunga from here is just amazing!! Its a great place to hangout - you can expect to meet a lot of foreign tourists and its great to exchange notes with them. I had a fantastic experience talking to a people from UK,US, Germany & France!

The staff here is very friendly and Bikram at the reception helped us chart out all the sightseeing trips in great detail and arranged a great driver for us (Ashish). Service otherwise was very prompt & all our needs were attended to. There are great eateries closeby and Bikram /Mrs Sangy can direct you to all the right places - the Park ,Lunar, Glenary's (Dekeling too has a small restaurant at the ground floor which serves nice chinese & tibetan fare).

We truly had a fantastic time here Dekeling team ! Keep up the great work . Thanks for all your help & hospitality and we hope to revisit you soon :)

Room Tip: There is a newer block which has bigger and more modern rooms - but they lack a view. I stayed on the room close to the reception area - a lil noisy but it was great nevertheless.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kunalaa
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel had a good location and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I really liked the "lounge" where we had breakfast and that they kept warm in the evenings which can get a bit chilly in the mountains.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We picked Dekeling because of the excellent reports in Tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed.

It is a beautiful hotel, perfectly sited, having mountain, valley, and Darjeeling city views. Shops, restaurants ( Dekeling, Glenary's, The Park, Keventer's, Lunar, and many others), are right there, as are pharmacies and transport agencies. The main road and, importantly, Darjeeling railway station on Hill Cart Road, are within a few minutes walking distance away.

Our room number 203 was enormous, comfortable, quiet, ideal. The modern, giant in-room heater, attached to the wall above the pillows, kept the room snug and warm. The ensuite was perfect: we had hot water for showers whenever we wanted it.

The two lounges or common rooms are another plus which make staying in this unique hotel all the more comfortable and enjoyable. The breakfast buffet is served in one, and we have had tea served in the other. The views from these lounges, elevated as you are by the sheer height of the hotel, are breathtaking.

We thoroughly appreciated the freshly made oats/porridge, hot omelettes, warm toasts, butter and jam and piping hot tea that kept coming from the kitchen every morning. This breakfast buffet cost just Rs 229 and is a bargain.

The Staff are excellent. The Owner and his gracious Wife together with their efficient and knowledgeable Staff make you feel welcome, and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.

We had a marvelous, restful, enjoyable stay in the Dekeling, and it was all due to the comforts of the hotel and the hardworking and ever smiling Owners and Staff.

Thank you, Dekeling. You do not know me as I am just one of your many satisfied guests, but I want everyone to know that we had a wonderful stay in your beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room - not necessarily the best view as there will be no noise, and probably also a very efficient heater. Recommend room 203
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family