“fantastic experience”

and 1 more site!
Little Tibet Resort
Ranked #13 of 99 Hotels in Darjeeling
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I and my friend stayed in this hotel from 12th june to 15th june with our families.My experience was very fantastic.Staff was very cooperative and heilpful and all the day smiling.taste of food was also very nice.small garden in between the hotel is the best place of hotel with very good view.Rooms are very well furnished in tibetian style and neat and clean.I would truly advise my other friends to stay in the same hotel whenever they visit darjeeling.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mdhakad75

Reviewed June 14, 2013

me and my family was there in june 2013 we booked 3 rooms well in 3 months advance.
The room which "Little Tibet" provided us to stay-in was a smallest room ever I have stayed with no view and damp and smell.
The room was even not ready inspite of having a booking well in advance had a broken door which they repaired after 2 hrs of checkin so without the room I had to wait in the lobby
dumping our luggage. Inspite of booking 2-3months earlier we couldnot get rooms side by side and our room
was much far away from other two rooms,upon complaining about this issue the front desk informed me that they were sold-out.
But frankly whats the use of booking so early and paying full amount ???
Guys I am very very dissapointed with this hotel so decided never to go there and book them again.....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank sanjit0183
Reviewed June 12, 2013

On 9th june 2013 I went with my family at little tibet thinking to try a new hotel.The pictures they provided in their website hardly have any simmilarities. They charged us for 3 superdelux rooms but they provided us 2 rooms on the ground floor and 1 very very small room which is not of the same category .When i asked whats the matter ,why they are giving us such rooms,two beside their gift shop and one so small they said they cant do anything.I dont know why they gave us such rooms even after getting the payment on 6th May which is more than 1 month before our checkin.My room 107 is horribly small.when we checkd in I found the lock has broken.I waited in my parents room 104 which had no luggage rack,the toilet was horrible in this room sharing a glass partition with their gift shop which was also horrible.Then i found the broken taps in their toilet.The owner has a fantastic tase of uphostlery ,linens but the management is horrible..When we checked in at 3pm it was raining heavily and I asked one of the staff to provide an umbrella for my mother but no one turned up.This type of hospitality they provide .Even after that my husband paid them 300 rs for bringing the luggage.Next day when we checked out my father when gave them 200 rs they said it was not enough.I was shocked to hear that...How can anyone say like this when its tips and I think 200 rs is enough.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank nabanita_july
Tashi P, Owner at Little Tibet Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Madam,
I am very sorry to learn from you that you had such a horrible experience while staying in Little Tibet and i offer you my sincere apologies.
I checked your booking and I find that you had been referred to us by Contour Travels and your requirement was that of Double Deluxe rooms and NOT Super Deluxe rooms as you have specified. You were provided 3 Double DX rooms of which unfortunately one room 107 is a bit small.The photos on the Web is that of Super Dx Rooms.
The lock of 107 was not broken but due to moisture (Monsoon season) it was getting stuck. My operations manager made sure that it was repaired at once and in the mean time a waiter was kept outside you room to look after your luggage.
As regards not having a luggage rack outside in room 104 ,it is because we have a very big closet in the room and there is a luggage rack inside.
Regarding the tipping I checked with the staff and they swear that they did not ask for any tips. Anyway my sincere apologies once again.
Regards
tashi pencho
owner

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for our honeymoon in June. Excellent staff always with a smile on their face and stupendous food .i would advise to anybody visiting Darjeeling to stay at little tibetcoz of its unique concept.cheers and gud luck to all members of little tibet

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

It can be called a 3 star hotel cause of it's rooms and all, but the behavior of the staff is worst. Infact this is the first hotel where someone had been so harsh and rude to me. It is located close to the mall so there is no need of any car. The food here is quite nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

With return of daughter from U.k. after a couple of years stay and post hearing to my travel experiences of the FAIRYTALE LAND my son and she along with my niece decided to visit DARJEELING this MAY ONLY. then the mad rush started for air tickets and HOTEL reservations. My tour operators tried their best to accommodate me in a good hotel with the help of their counterparts in DARJEELING, but failed luckily for me to accommodate me in GOOD PHONEY RATED HOTELS. Then we searched and found the rare DIMOND buried in oblivion. When we reached THE LITTLE TIBET RESORT, I for one was shocked to know why the people are so miser in naming themselves even when they have created such a great resort, may be because they MISS their dear motherland which they can't recreate in full, but have tried to creat in miniature,for comfort of us and soul.
On BUDDHA PURNNIMA day I requested for authentic Tibetan food which they obligingly served with very broad smile, in non commercial manner.
I found that the management has BIG HEART, AND VERY BIG ARMS TO WELCOME TRAVELLERS to their place, their aim is to spread love and business is secondary for them.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was a wonderful stay. The manager was excellent in his behavior and very helpful & capable. Every single staff member also. You will get what you pay & more. The room is neat & clean with good valley view from Hotel room. The attitude of the staff was really welcoming. Overall Superb palace.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family