“The perfect place to stay in Darjeeling”
Review of Pineridge Hotel

Pineridge Hotel
Ranked #77 of 125 Darjeeling B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The Mall is the most beautiful place to spend time in Darjeeling. The Pineridge hotel is right on the big circle on Mall road where people come and enjoy natural beauity of the the place. This is a highted place in Darjeeling and you could walk down little further up to enjoy natural sceneries. Pineridge hotel is a very convenient place which is very close to the railway station and main Market and and still it is a bit isolated from crowed. Hotel rates are very reasonable and they give good discounts for off seasons.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
9  Thank NileshKeriwala

Reviewed July 5, 2010

I simply don't agree with those who have given negative reviews about the The Pineridge Hotel, Darjeeling, West Bengal, India.
I was there with my girl friend for 3 days and I booked this hotel from Cleartrip. As there are almost all negative reviews about this hotel, thats why I called up the hotel manager Mr. Prasad and Mr Suraj for more than 3-4 times for clarifying some issues before booking, and I was honestly surprised with their cooperation.. One time I bothered Mr. Prasad by calling at 11 o'clock in the night, and that time also he was not at all disturbed. He is real gentleman I must say. But I read a review that the hotel guys are not helpful. With my last visit to this hotel, I disagree to that review. These guys were always helpful.
No Electricity problems (except load shedding, once in 3-4 days for 20-30 minutes maximum), no water problem (you get hot water in the morning upto 12 o'clock), excellent location (in fact the best location in darjeeling, the main tourist spot of darjeeling), huge rooms with fireplace in each and every room, clean rooms with proper lighting ( in fact lighting was so sexy I cant explain) and not a single point for any complain.
We were there for 3 days. But after reaching there and especially when we saw the our room, we decided to extend our stay there for more 4 days. We tried to book the extra days through Cleartrip only, because it was giving wonderful discount on hotel booking, but unluckily Pineridge Hotel was not listed at that time in their site and I paid in cash for the extra 4 days.
LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST, TRUST ME AND BE THERE AT THE PINERIDGE HOTEL, DARJEELING, AND YOU WILL NEVER CHOOSE ANY OTHER ACCOMMODATION WHEN YOU GO TO DARJEELING NEXT TIME ( OBVIOUSLY NOT SPEAKING ABOUT THOSE 6000 OR 7000 BUCKS PER NIGHT PER ROOM HOTELS IN DARJEELING ).
JUST AMAZING EXPERIENCE....
I will give you some room nos., ask them to provide you any of these rooms. Room no. 202 (biggest room in the hotels with corner covering sofa attached to the window wall viewing Kanchengunga, but this room is in the old part of the hotel building. WE CHOOSE THIS ROOM), Room No. 230, 229 and 227 (all these are in the new part of the hotel building and these are real sexy rooms, these are also Kanchengunga View, but not with that sofa I mentioned earlier).
Write me if my review works.
Thank You......

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
16  Thank SumanBiswas
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Attractive pictures on Net led me to the hotel. Though the location of the hotel is nice but it has too many flaws to waste your time and money on it. A big no no for families with kids.
1. It has no restaurant
2. Rooms are moist
3. Bedding is historical and dirty
4. Corridors and rest of the hotel too is very badly managed.
I could not stay beyond a day had to bear loss of booking amount too.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
13  Thank DelhiWanderer_delhi
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Hotel Pineridge is just 1km from railway station,situated at The Mall.All rooms are spacious ,with all facility except food.You can walk 2 minutes to get restaurants for food,breakfast and shopping.Staff and local people are very simple and friendly.Hotel will provide car for sight seeing.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
10  Thank iswar61
Reviewed March 30, 2010

i booked this hotel online looking at the rosy picture that was provided to me over the internet. but all my notions/expectations were blown up in thin air once i entered the hotel. the hotel was in darkness when i entered it around 4.00 pm. they say that they only switch on the back-up when night begins to set in and that too no back up after 11PM. we were provided candles to have some light in the night and i had a 18 months old kid accompanying me, so it was terrible. the rooms were dirty, all the property including the bed, lights, mattress, bathroom tap were broken, the staff was non-coperative. we needed to get the milk warmed at regular intervals for our kid, but they say that they don't provide this service. we had nice sight-seeing trips during the day and the thought of even returning to this pathetic hotel haunted me. this hotel is a blot on the entire hotel industry in India, should we renamed as lodge and only for below poverty-line families.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Happy085
Reviewed December 16, 2009

We(myself & my wife) visited Darjeeling on the occasion of our 5th wedding anniversary. I consider Darjeeling to be my second home as I frequently visit this hill station. I directly moved into this hotel and found that a decent room was available. We got mesmerized after seeing this 19th century property. The century old fire place, the bath tub, teak wood furnnitures, huge glass windows, long and lonely corridors eventually took us back to the british era. The room service is a bit sloppy, the room a little unclean. The excellent gardenn space between the two wings of the hotel can be decorated in a much better manner. We did take all our meals at the Glenary's(we generally do at all times) and thus unable to comment on food. This hotel is having it's own restaurant (Fiesta) and a travel agency, just few steps away from the hotel. The Mall is just 10 steps. Altogether, our experience was quite wonderful and we would love to go back to this property a few more times, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank chandanmukherjee08
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Just a few yards away from the mall on the mall road, this hotel is reasonably priced and quite cozy. All good restaurants are walking distance from this hotel and you can enjoy a hot cup of tea on the mall early in the morning due to its proximity.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family