“Not Worth Spending Time In”

Darjeeling Toy Train
Ranked #15 of 99 things to do in Darjeeling
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Toy Train Joy Ride is really and frankly a waste of time.

I had no issues about the fact that one had to pay Rs. 335 per person for the trip, or the fact that the tickets had to be pre-booked a few days in advance. What really boggled me was the fact that after all the effort, we couldn't see anything even remotely scenic (maybe excluding the Batasia Loop) and could have instead taken the slightly longer but much better trip to Kurseong.

Don't Waste your time and money on this trip when you can take a more scenic trip to Kurseong.

2  Thank Abj_Jeet

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a must if you want to experience the scenic beauty of Darjeeling on a heritage ride. Please take a ride on sunny days else you will not be able to see the views;

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I took the toy train on my way to Kurseong and loved it completely. After it made it's first stop at the loop, I was the only person left on the train for almost the entire ride, which I was glad since then I didn't have to worry about my luggage in the way (the trains are so small that this really is no room to stow luggage). So happy I took the Toy Train!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very dusty, dirty train with very little to see. Maybe fun for young kids but really not worth the ride for adults. The view was poor. We stopped twice along the way but couldn't really see anything of interest! Train goes from Darjeeling up to Ghoom and back. A waste of time really!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

On the day of our journey the steam train was not available, so the noisy and smelly diesel train took us along the busy road to the final station of Ghoom, where we were left to explore the musty, old museum. There was no visibility beyond several meters, as clouds covered the sky. The potentially beautiful views we could only paint in our imagination, as we did, to kill the time before our departure back to Darjeeling. This “attraction” may possibly work on a sunny day (just for the panorama), but definitely don’t waste your time if the weather is not good.