“Affordable and quiet”

Hotel Broadway (Annexe)
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Being a franchisee of the Youth Hostels Association we gat a great deal for Rs 700. A nice room for with a balcony and wonderful view. Compared to Hotels in Gangtok and the food cost Darjeeling is cheap and convinent.The rooms are worth the amount they charge.It suits the pocket.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank tanmay007
There are newer reviews for Hotel Broadway (Annexe)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel was located high up the hill in Darjeeling, in theory offering good views of the mountains. This was why we chose this hotel, which advertises good views. Fortunately for those visiting Darjeeling, the views are excellent everywhere in the city; unfortunately for this hotel, its views are nothing special.

The hotel wasn't horrible but for the price you can do much better elsewhere. The reception staff are as cold as the rooms. The rooms are very dusty. The food was quite good and a nice young man delivered it to our room with a great smile.

The 'hot' water in the rooms offers a fitting analogy for the whole experience: lukewarm.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom E
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I always wanted to visit Darjeeling & my dream came true this year (17th May 2012). This was our 2nd honeymoon & we've been treated like newly weds everywhere.Although i couldn't see kanchangaungha but other then that my trip was a memorable one. I will go there again InshAllah next year with my 2yr old son & my family. The peoples were so very friendly & the places & foods were mind blowing.The Broadway hotel was a really nice experience for us & next time i will defiantly be staying there in room 6. Didn't have any problem with hot water,room service ws nice though a lil'slow bt we didn't mind & room ws always clean & tidy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iffat H
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Although it was quite the hike up the hill, I did enjoy the view of Kanchenjunga from our room. I did not enjoy, however, our damp room with damp sheets. I also did not particularly like the serious lack of hot water for showers. They provided a bucket in the bathroom and we measured about 3/4 full... to share between my husband and I each day. I know that this is a problem throughout Darjeeling, but it still makes for an uncomfortable start to a morning. Throughout our 3 nights, our room was never made and I was told that we'd have to supply ourselves with toilet paper.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

good service by the staff...The location of the hotel was nice as it was a nice walk to the mall and Chowrasta. From tea, muffins, coffee, books, local things there is a lot to see and enjoy.i really liked it,would like to visit again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank payal110
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Train Mahananda from Delhi to Siliguri. A few hours late.

In Siliguri found Hotel Central Plaza quite easily. I could have walked but it had started drizzling so I took a rickshaw for Rs 15/. Hotel Central Plaza was decent. The room was adequate and quite pleasant. Hot water came in the wash basin but not in the shower.
Since it was Sunday evening most things were closed but it was okay.

I left the next morning by shared jeep (Rs 60/). it took less than two and a half hours. The jeep stopped near the railway station so Amarjeet Hotel was a very short walk from there. The room was very nice. The staff were also friendly and helpful. Checking out time 10.00 a.m. was early. They let me stay in the room till 11.00 and after that I kept my luggage downstairs as my train was at three.

I walked around Kurseong for a couple of hours and enjoyed that. I visited a nursery and saw the engine shed and railway station. I didn't get time to see the archives of the railway.

I took the toy train from Kurseong to Darjeeling. Unforunately it was late so I reached Darjeeling after 7.00 p.m.. It was dark and I took a taxi (Rs 150/) to Broadway Annexe. The staff was helpful but the room was very dirty, damp and cold. The sheets were damp... I asked for a heater but there was none. Since it was cold there was not much hot water. Also the water was not very hot. I had taken a full meal plan. The dinner was all cold. Lunch was oily but hot. Breakfast was okay.
From tea, muffins, coffee, books, local things there is a lot to see and enjoy.

I took a shared jeep (Rs 100/) from Darjeeling to Kalimpong at 1.30. We reached Kalimpong at 4.30 after a tea break during the journey. Again I took a car to the Hotel (Alkananda). By the time I had put my things in the hotel (5.00 p.m.) most things, even the cinema, was closed. So I was not able to see much in Kalimpong as I left early the next morning from near the market at the bottom of the hill.
The room was quite big and nice. There is water shortage and also limited hot water.
Dinner (aloo dum) was well cooked although oily. The chapatis were good.

The next morning I took the bus to Lava (Rs 40/) at 8.30 a.m. and reached at 10.00. Nice friendly driver. The hotel (Hotel Orchid) was very near the bus stop. The room was small but very nice. As also the bathroom. Since I was staying only one night it was alright but there was no wardrobe or space to keep things. All the hotel people were very nice.

Here too I walked aound up and down. There are quite a few tourist shops where one can buy locally produced things as gifts and mementos.
I talked to Jiten Gurung and took a car with a Bengali couple to Reshyap. It was a short ride and not very steep. With 2 to3 hours on hand and a porter one can walk the distance. Hotel Yankee Village was delightful. Full of flowers. Clean and spacious room and bathroom.
I arranged for a car the next morning to Siliguri. I had asked for 4.30. The driver came at 3.55. The charge was Rs 2700/ but the driver was good and we got to Siliguri by 8.00 a.m.

The train to delhi (Mahananda from Alipurduar) came at the right time although by the time it reached Delhi it was 2 hours late.

All in all, a very nice holiday. No major problems. Just rushed.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank rugiada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked two rooms through cleartrip.com. On reaching the hotel, which is around a km uphill, I was shown two rooms. Out of these two, one was okay however the other room had unserviceable geyser with lot of seapage on walls. I insisted for another room but again the other room offered also had these problems. There was one good room also but that they gave to a customer who had just come. That might be their strategy to lure new customers as they had nothing more to gain from me. Those two days' stay was pathetic.

Room Tip: Rooms having windows opening towards hillside i.e. view of the hill are cleaner and better. First fl...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family