“Good accommodation at fare prices”
Review of R.J. Resort

R.J. Resort
Ranked #15 of 126 Darjeeling B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I visited RJ resort during this month of june, to find a delightful escape from the summers. RJ resort made my stay worthwhile by providing everything to my leisure. The hotel is situated at a beautiful location with a breath-taking view. The bed rooms are spacious and cosy, with a decent size bed and flat screen. There are even provisions for hot water and free WIFI whenever required. Thanks to the directors Mr. Dinesh and Mohit Singh for making my stay comfortable and being a generous host. The Resort has done a wonderful job in hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mannan J
TWAI, General Manager at R.J. Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at out resort. We look forward to welcoming you to our property again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Resort so called director Singh think he own this world but fact of the matter is he is just owner of hotel and working in service Industry.

Poorest service and unprofessional behavior from there management , lead us to have worst experience at there hotel stay.

Not at all suggest to stay here, hotel is not worth of 2 star.

Room Tip: Don't even think on staying here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Worldindia999
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed only one night at this joint (14.06.13-15.06.13), and that was sufficient to make me take a firm resolution never to return. The bed sheets were soiled, damp and crushed. I am not sure whether someone had changed the linen at all. The room had no ventilation, no airconditioning. The wifi signal, claimed to be free by the hotel, worked only for 15 minutes and then vanished. Even the mobile networks did not have sufficient strenght inside the rooms. The room service menu was elaborate but the service does not operate from 8PM onwards as the kitchen gets "busy" in preparing dinner ! The last nail in the coffin was totally non-soundproof glass patitions, which overlooked the central lobby, and the conversation of people sitting in the lobby reverberated, making sleep impossible. Even the people shouting and the TV from adjoining houses could be heard. The reception managers could not communicate beyond "Yes sir' and "Thank you sir". The entire complex is cramped, dingy and damp. I wonder how "Best Western" got associated with such a cubby hole !

Room Tip: The best tip would be to just avoid the place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I did not stay with them and after my reservation experience with them, I thank my stars that I did not stay there!!

I had made a booking for Hotel Mayfair Darjeeling through Expedia but was surprised to be charged under the name of RJ Resorts, two days later. I call the hotel directly and they claimed that they had got this reservation from Best Western. Since I had wanted to stay only at Mayfair, I immediately cancelled this reservation through Expedia (it was a fully refundable rate) but after three months, I am still waiting for my money to be credited back to my credit card.

My attempts to reach R J Resorts have not been very successful. I spoke to their General Manager who bluntly told me that reservations were handled by their owner / director and that the GM takes care of the operation only. I wonder what kind of hierarchy does Best Western adopt!!!

I then spoke to this director who told me that they have asked their bank to credit this money back to my card and this was what they could do. There was no further assistance offered and our conversation ended with a `Do what you want to do!!' threat from the director.

Ofcourse, it looked like Expedia botched up my reservation since their confirmation to me was for MayFair and not R J Resorts. I called MayFair only to find out that they had no reservation under my name!!!

Three months have passed and I have no idea on what happened to this reversal........Can I assume that this Best Western Franchisee has misused my card by through an offline transaction???? You decide.........

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Holidaymonger
TWAI, Manager at R.J. Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Sir, Thank you for your review and clarifying the matter regarding the confusion in the bookings made through Expedia. I think so we had lot of mail and telephone communications regarding your dispute and the charge back of your credit card, where we have provided you all our proof of the total refund from our side. I request you again to kindly contact you bank and get this matter sorted out. Please be advised that we never misuse and credit cards

Take Care

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Where should i begin... My girlfriend and I visited Darjeeling for the first time and abosutely fell in love with this Hotel! I have worked in hospitaltiy most of my life so I seem to critique every place i stay at :) With that said, I couldnt have been more impressed with the staff of every department and style of this hotel! The front desk was more than helpful with recommendations with things to do in the surrounding area. They also used our name when they saw us (this made us feel respected). What really stood out was upon arrival, the General Manager introduced himself and offered to help in anyway he could. Our room was very clean and house keepers were always very friendly. I thought that was very nice! We stayed for a total of 2 nights and ate at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Being from the US, the food seemed to be very authentic and well prepared. YUM!! Overall I give these guys 5 stars. We both hope to return again! Thank you to all your staff!! Until we meet again!

Thanks again,

Dan

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel L

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Perfect place to stay in darjeeling. It is located right on the mall road and away from the busy city traffic and noise. The staff was very helpful, especially the general manager who personally took care of us. The food was delicious and the menu varied daily. A very nice feature was the sundeck
on the terrace. The property also offered free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sanjay K S

Reviewed May 1, 2013

we stay in hotel from 21-march to 23 rd march.the staff of hotel manager and resrorent manager was very rood not co-oprative.the staff think geust is thief and they count every thng in the when we cheke out hotel. and if anything not there they charge very high price.even they dont show any list when we chaked in.then how we know about how many items in the room.so we dont stay in future in this hotel and suggest for every geust for not stay..
surendra gupta delhi

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank surendra1947
TWAI, General Manager at R.J. Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest

We regret that your stay has not been to your expectations and we sincerely apologize for the shortcomings. We acknowledge the issues that you brought up and have addressed them accordingly.

We look forward to welcome you again

With kind regards,