“Terrible Staff !!!”

Ranked #39 of 116 Restaurants in Darjeeling
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Tea restaurant looks good from outside, even the name is fancy. But as soon as we entered inside, it was quite surprising. This is very much like a typical C-grade Indian restaurant. Restaurant is not clean at all. Quite ill-maintained furniture. Above all, rude staffs. We ordered for a plate momos here. But after bearing the filthy atmosphere for a minute, we decided to cancel the order. But suddenly the manager became quite angry and unprofessional as if he was feeding us for free. Just terrible...

1  Thank BijayKumarMahanta
There are newer reviews for Frank Ross Cafe

Reviewed January 29, 2014

One of the very few exclusive veg hotels.Though it says south Indian stuff is available, it is not available in evenings. Morning available but they need still training on how to prepare Vadas. Very very compact setup. Hardly 10 people can sit. Coffee is very good and if you manage to get a window seat it is pleasant to watch hills.Service is good.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Food was okay, you just can order something simple with reasonable price. I didnt know about the tribal racism in Darjeeling before, but from my face which might look like Nepali to them, they started gossipping me and friend. No any welcome, just weird looks from them even I tried to smile to them. The worst thing was the chef at the bar, when I asked him the way to somewhere he just said that he didnt know and made his face like he hated me. I was shocked and mad, before I left i just directly told them where Im from and they seemed surprise. Food, environment are fine, but I gave the cradit to the worst service ever.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

we were there for breakfast. First a pretty girl welcomed us then two old ladies came out. They looked like a family to me. It's little but cosy.The old ladies made "dosa and puri-bhaji" for us very quickly.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Whether it is early morning or evening, if you are looking for something light and tasty this is the place to go. I especially would like to mention their pancake with honey. This is a must have dish while in Darjeeling.