“Entertaining”

and up
Explore Queen Of Hills Day Tour in Darjeeling
Ranked #5 of 99 things to do in Darjeeling
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went there quite early and probably because of off-season being winter,the crowd was moderate.But the view was hazy.We again went next day and luckily this time the sunshine was bright.We were very happy and more happy seeing other visitors enjoying the sunrise which was a great fun.But nothing great as is propagated by the tour operators.

2  Thank KKOJHA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nothing attractive regarding the Tiger Hill or view of Sunrise from there. Just it is about how you made fool by the cab drivers.

2  Thank Prabash Ranjan S
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Sadly we only had a hazy view of the mountains at sunrise but there was a lot of fun in watching all those trying to capture the moment on phones, ipads, laptops and full on professional video cameras.

3  Thank Bob R
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It's a golden rule for this attraction, I promise you.

I woke up at 3.30am expecting to get a good spot. Took a shared jeep with other fellow travellers at 4.30am up to the hill and guess what, it was already packed with many more other jeeps. Had to walk up the remaining part of the hill because there was a traffic congestion leading up to the entrance of Tiger Hill, and it's no fun trying to weave through so many jeeps when it's freezing and breathing hard through thin air.

Different categories of entrance fees depending on the "comfort", but you will have to squeeze no matter what. I was lucky that the weather was pretty clear that day so a clear sunrise and also a nice view of Kanchenjunga were on offer and managed to take nice pictures (it's really hard work getting a good spot because of the size of the crowd).

All in all, wake up early, book a jeep early, and get there as early as possible. Sleep can wait, the sunrise can't. (:

3  Thank QhaiKai
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The view of the himalayas from the Tiger hill just blew my mind. As suggested by our driver we left our hotel @ 3AM. It is better to leave early since the traffic would be horrible since all the cars would be converging towards the Tiger hill.

The observatory was heavily crowded and we secured a vantage spot to view the sunrise over the summit. Millions of cameras have captured this magical moment and has made it to the cover of thousands of magazines worldwide.

At 4 in the morning, I was waiting anxiously for the Sunrise on the Summit with a camera in my hand. Luckily, the sky was clear and the sunrise was magical and I almost forgot to click my cam. Then my friends asked me whether you have taken the pic and then I realized and started clicking. It was one of the heavenly views of the himalayas and 4 out of 5 worlds highest peaks in the world were visible.

The only drawback is that the place is heavily crowded and that constant pushing for taking the picture is really annoying.

3  Thank Arvind M