“Good only for good view”
Review of North Star Hotel

North Star Hotel
Ranked #35 of 98 Hotels in Darjeeling
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Good only for good view”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Avarage quality. rooms have all standard facilities. Fridge was working well. Hot water machine contains small amount of water. Extra charge for room heater. Good window view at mountain view rooms. Restaurant is good. Location is bit far from main buzzing area of Darjeeling.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank saeedstone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Dear friend
I went to Darjeeling & Gangtok in month of October 2010 (from 3rd oct. to 10 oct). I enjoyed the climate of Darjeeling but Darjeeling itself is now dirty. Any way I was very satisfied with the service of North Star. It's a good hotel in my view. Waiters are very coperative.

Advice : If u want to go to Gangtok then pls don't go in the month of October, becasue i could not go to a fomous lake, baba mandir, zero point, yumthang. These are place to see in Gangtok but due to landslide i could be able to go there. Before going there u pls check when should go there. But in Darjeeling u must go to see sun rise it will be a good adventure in your life.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank svc_taxation
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Excellent hotel to stay. Hotel Manager and other staffs were very polite and careful. Moreover, hotel room was secured, safe and wide. I and my sister’s family spent two nights there. Room was clean and well decorated by red carpet, flower vases etc. Hot and cold water was available all the time. Comparatively Darjeeling is a very cold place in winter and other season, we enjoyed staying in the room with heater.

From our window we could see the excellent view of mount hill which was covered by ice. And the sun light came to our room that impressed us. Hotel accommodation was well enough; their food service was also great.

The location was good. From that place we could easily manage transport for the market and side scene View. From my perspective, visitors can easily choose this Hotel to stay and enjoy the view of Darjeeling.

I liked this Hotel very much, if I would travel to Darjeeling again, I must stay this hotel ...:)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The hotel is good in looks - good lobby, neat restaurant - but situated in a terrible locality. The service is horrible. The food is not up to the mark even though it is costly.

Not a place that I would recommend to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Darjeeling hotels

sambalpur
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I many many thanx to all the staff of North Star hotel. Especially Manager Mr. Hari Ji & Vinay ji they both is really good & help full person for all the visitors. I take this hotel for my Honeymoon tour as i dont believe that i feel it Darjeeling is old for me just because of well & friendly treat by all the hotels members. Once again i thanx to all of them.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Honey_Nikki
bnilesh
Reviewed March 8, 2010

This was a small but very nice hotel. I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The Manager Mr. Yadav was completely reliable & he took all the precaution to provide a good service to me & my family. The food in his restaurant was also good. It was nearby to Darjeeling railway station & market area. I will highly recommend this hotel to my friends & I will also like to stay there in future. The rates were also reasonable & I am highly impressed by the supporting attitude of manager & staff.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank bnilesh
Bangalore
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We were a group of 6 members, 4 adults and two children (11 and 12 year olds). Overall it was a 3 night pkg. We were pickedup at Siliguri for trip to Darjeeling. The driver was very good and the drive was scenic. Too beautiful. Reached the hotel.....found that its in a narrow lane and the outside is quite dirty. The hotel byitself is quite good, clean rooms etc. But honestly I got put off by the garbage lying just outside the hotel. Somehow I wondered how can the hotel owners not get affected by this.

Once inside the place is quite average....the rooms are clean, sheets clean, and the toilets are also ok. But you need to remind them to clean your rooms otherwise they do not disturb you at all (you know what I mean)

Food was just average.....the usual stuff (north indian food). Nothing different. A stinking toilet next to the dining room had me almost throwing up. Although they gave me a room overlooking the kanchenganga.......there was no view at all.

Just a few minutes walk from the hotel, there are beautiful pathways and incredible views of the nature.

So its just a standard hotel with no major expectations of any luxuries as such.

Unfortunately we had to cut short our trip due to the cyclone and major landslides in Darjeeling....otherwise we had to proceed to Kalimpong and Gangtok.

My Sincere Advice : Please do not visit Darjeeling in the months of May and June, as its quite cloudy and you cannot see anything like the great hills, Kanchenjunga range etc. Please visit in March/April or in October- December. The rainy season is quite terrible.

• Liked — The room was clean, with clean toilets
  • Disliked — the garbage lying just outside their entrance
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled with family