“Pleasant hospitality amid difficult conditions...”
Review of Hotel Pradhan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Hotel Pradhan
Ranked #55 of 125 Darjeeling B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked the hotel in a hurry just before reaching Darjeeling basis some of the reviews I read. I was a little skeptical having read some reviews which painted a gloomy picture. However, I am thankful that I chose this hotel. Dont go by the exterior look of this Hotel, the rooms are fabulous and very tastefully built including the decor, bathroom fittings, furniture etc. The Hotel stuff was very cordial and helpful and the owner was an absolute delight to chat with. I have travelled to far off places and as a traveller I have expereinced various type of accomodation and people and this has been absolutely amazing. Life in Darjeeling is tough and running a hotel is still tougher with scarcity of water and very limited power supply. Despite these conditions, the Pradhan's have done a good job. The Hotel is 10 mins walk from Mall and you need to inform in advance about your food requirement for the night since they dont have a running kitchen.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer a splendid view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jit68, Manager at Hotel Pradhan, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Mr. Pulak ,
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us , and thank you for such an honest review.
Jit

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My two days' staying with mother and wife in Hotel Pradhan was pleasant. Well furnished warm wooden rooms, well maintained decoration and cleanliness, ready to help and co-operative staffs. Thanks to Cleartrip

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Jit68, Owner at Hotel Pradhan, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Mr. Prabash ,
Thank you for your kind words and we hope you visit us again.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed from 26th Dec to 28th Dec, 2012 with my family. It was my life worst experience in Hotels' stay where staff was argumental, room heating in peak wintter was not enough. Chilled room will hit you badly in mind. You may feel that you are in hell. Additional blanket provided with heated argument, dirty room... the worst you could think of was happended, except manager behaviour was good but he was helpless due to owner instructions. I spoke to owner over phone but his behaviour was too arrogant. I understood the root cause of all management. Management is as good as owner and I stop expecting anythink than to adjust. I spoke to Cleartrip helpdesk but they couldn't do much.

If you would like to see worst hotel in Darjeeling, experience over here else stay away.

Room Tip: If you want to spoil your trip, choose Hotel Pradhan. On other hand, I expeinced Summit Norling at G...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank bsaprofile

Hi ,
I just figured how to respond to your comment and this is to apologise for the problems you faced during your stay with us , we have rectified a number of problems and we hope we get an opportunity to host you sometime in the future .
Regards,
Jit Ptradhan

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We occupied top floor wooden room which had wonderful overview of town. The interior and decor looks sick and century old. Staff is very casual and dont depend on them. Receiption team is worse. No lift till top floor. You need to shift your luggage on your own. Take early bath, else hot water tap would go empty. Just time pass experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank akhilesh_maheshwari
Management response:Responded September 24, 2012

Our top floor wooden rooms are decorated with local pinewood which is the most popular wood available in Darjeeling and it also keeps the rooms warm , however , some guests may not be used to wood as they are used to seeing marble , tiles and concrete . As far as the water situation , there is an acute shortage of water during the peak season and the guest may have been inconvenienced due to the water problem . We take pride in serving guests and our apologies for any shortcomings from our side and we will definately look into the same.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

It was beautiful and awesome experience to see Kanchanjanga and Darjeeling Town from Hotel lobby. Staffs are very much helpful. Expecting to give customer service from point of view of resturant. Also expecting not to close such open air viewing point of Kanchanjanga and Darjeeling town for some hotel decoration.
Lastly I want to say I was and I will like to enjoy in future with my family by staying this hotel.

Projjal

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

It was an awesome experience staying in Hotel Pradhan. Staffs are very polite, friendly & helpful. Ambiance was great. Very much peaceful. Me & my wife had a very very enjoyable & pleasant stay in this hotel. Really superb.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rudranil R
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We had a pleasant stay in the top floor wooden rooms which had an excellent view of the town and the mountains. Overall our experience was good inspite having read the earlier comments.

• Stayed: October 2010