“A very good stay”

Krishna Service Apartment
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Darjeeling
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The place is very cozy with neat and clean rooms. Will love to come back again. My stay was great. I liked the food in the hotel. The service provided by staff is excellent. Next time I will definitely come here and stay here when I come with my family.

Room Tip: If u are with family book a double room apartment Front facing rooms have a decent view of mountain...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Abhijit104

Reviewed August 21, 2012

By booking the hotel through net is a real gamble. but bet me u would'nt be cheated if u take this gamble for darjeeling. The hotel is very well located on main road has many double and single bedroom apartments with a living room in each of them. The owner is a very good helping fellow who personally looks after the guest. Off course the staff is very cool and well behaved. It has its own restaurant for the guests only. All the rooms are valley facing giving u a great look of the darjeeling Hills and tea gardens. You can transfer ur money without hesitation to book it immediately if u wish to visit darjeeling else no vacancy.

Room Tip: The double rooms with living room on first floor are excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our bookings at this property were done by our travel agent from our home town, Mumbai, before our arrival in this town, and we did not really know what kind of hotel this was going to be. When I learned that there would be only vegetarian food, I was a bit disappointed.

Yes, it is important for me that food preferences of guests be considered when one runs a hospitality service. Indeed, during my three nights of stay in May 2012 at the Krishna Residency, this is the only aspect of service I did not much fancy. Otherwise, all in all, this is a very good hotel. It has nice, large rooms, decent washrooms, a location that is right on the main road but a km before the Darjeeling centre, therefore a little detached from the hustle-bustle of a hotel that would be inside the town.

The main manager, whose name I do not recall, was very friendly. The other staff were just about courteous, though the female staff was very cordial and helped us whenever we approached them with some request.

Their restaurant, N2, was nice, with a cosy and vibrant feel to it. The food was served as a buffet, but they had a table-de-hote, which means the dishes would be pre-decided. One cannot order out of their fixed menu for a given meal.

All in all, not a bad experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank drtaher
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Its a nice and clean hotel to stay in darjeeling...and is close to the main market also. however water is scarecity in darjeeling but we got a constant supply of water. Food was equally good. Satff was very cooperative. The rooms were nice and spacious.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days. The hotel is at least 20 yeard old and not manitained. The carpets smell bad. The behavior of the staff is the worst I have seen in the service industry.The buffet food was bad and everything tasted sweet. The tea was horrible. Imagine having bad tea in Darjeeling. Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank JyothiD
nikksSlg, Owner at Krishna Service Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I am really sorry for the bad experience that you have had. I as the owner would endeavor to make every persons visit to not only my hotel but to Darjeeling as a whole a lovely and memorable one. During the period of your stay there was a transition of management and the result of which probably has ruined your stay. i am sorry once again but assure you that should you visit us again I would personally look into your comforts

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights and 3 days from 16th April to 18th April'2012. The hotel is located about 1 KM away from the Chowk Bazar but on road taxi is available on the day and evening time. From the hotel balcony a part of the Derjeeling town and the Happy Valley Tea Estate can be viewed. The suites of the hotel are spacious, neat and hygienic. Hot water was available in the spacious and clean bathroom all the times during our stay. The Manager and the staff of the hotel are well mannered and very responsive. The vegetarian food provided to us in the Breakfast and Dinner are healthy and tasty. I would like to recommend the hotel for comfortable and homely stay with the family.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed June 2, 2011

As part of a package for Sikkim and Darjeeling, we stayed in this hotel for 2 days in May. As the name suggests this is not truly a hotel but rather a service apartment. The hotel is quite old. The bathrooms are not maintained well and the water was leaking. Even after I raised a complaint, the bathroom was not fixed.The behavior of the manager and the owner is worse. They don't arrange anything on time and very aggressive. No flexibility and least courteous. For a group of 17 people, the manager arranged for just 1 SUV. The food quality and quantity provided was not up to the mark.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank DineshL

I am extremely sorry and as the owner I do take responsibility though at that time the hotel was under a different management but the same has now been changed and should you happen to visit again I would personally look into your comforts. That is how we would like to improve our services. Sorry once again.