“Decent place”
Review of Hot Chips

Hot Chips
Ranked #1,103 of 6,729 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Decent place for having south indian and some other indian cuisines as well. I tried their bombay thali and it was nice but i feel the cost was a bit on the higher side when you consider the ambiance and the seating that was provided. I think they can do real good business if they consider reducing their price just a little bit or on the other hand, improve the ambiance.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Absolutely fresh and fast service for those who want a quick breakfast. Packed some for my team mates and it was the fastest service ever!

1  Thank tpawar
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been seeing these guys for a very long time, just from when I was small who started their shop who sell hot instant fried chips & wre doing marvelous business..
But not sure if they would change their business strategy once they start a restaurant...I would like especially point their Thiruvanmiyur branch for their worst attitude towards customers....

Things to be very specific
Less amount chattni, sambar provide d for the dishes, if u call the sever n request for more..they wish to escape from the table & keep the customers unattended..
Certain dishes provided are of less Quality, if complained( they reply this is how the dishes would b or taste like)
Harsh attitude of service manager or attendar---not sure if they are specially trained by their management in such a way to handle customers

Poor parcel service/ careless ness.
Less quantity of food provided.

I am a localite who resides close to this restaurant.

I wish the management change their attitude of making business n b loyal to customers who visit..

Well we should know,it's a place were we eat n get away our hungry..plz remember lets not only make money & business..

Regret a lot for u guys..

I would like to rate it as "VERYWORST" they behave to a old man--poor show..

I wish the manageme change their attitude of making business n b loyal to customers who visit..

Regret a lot for u guys..

I would like to rate it as "VERYWORST"

2  Thank Itzgedalya
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The quality of the food is average in Hot Chips. In some of its branches the Chinese dishes would not be good. But, the South Indian dishes are good at almost all their branches. They also have buffet during weekend in few of their locations and i don't feel its good and its not worth the cost.
The pricing is at premium, The ambiance is mostly below average. The staffs are not so friendly and rude at some places.

1  Thank Karthick_Madurai
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Easily one of the good value-for-money eateries on ECR.

I love the sambar vada, dosas and parottas. Special mentions about Vegetable Parotta and Chilli Parotta!

Service is good and quick. Ambiance isn't that great if you are looking for a quiet/romantic meal

The chaats aren't that great and you'll find out the next day :).

They do have an issue with consistency. Veg Fried Rice and Veg Parotta have been pretty ordinary at times.

It is always full and so getting a table might be tricky on weekends, but worth the wait.

2  Thank Sai Dhananjayan B