“Excellent Chinese Restaurant”
Review of The Dynasty

The Dynasty
Ranked #458 of 6,804 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Chinese, Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Nungambakkam/Marina Beach
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Checked with my friends asking them; which is the best resturant to eat and everybody said that you should eat in Dynasty in Chennai. No sooner that I entered at 12.00 noon on 10 August 2013 at the restaurant; I felt great; the ambience was nice.
We had a lot of starters with drinks and every dish we ordered was excellent. We tried Beef, Chickent, Prawns, Tofu. etc. The taste was good and the quantity was excellent. Within half hour the restaurant was full. Special thanks to Tyronne and the others who served us in the restaurant. Definitely will be back to enjoy autenthic chinese food in Chennai. Do visit it with your family and frients; you will have a great time.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

well, it was a treat from my brother in-law but the Stewart over there was measuring us by our clothes. We really felt uncomfortable and especially my brother in-law. This was the first instance.

Secondly when we ordered for a Corona beer he repeatedly asked Corona Corona...he was basically trying to give a measure of the price of which we actually were aware.

A place which treats its customers by their dressing is really not acceptable...avoid it guys...

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I make it a point to eat at Dynasty Chinese restaurant in Harrisons Hotel whenever I am in Chennai which is about twice a year, over the last many years. I am happy to say the standard continues to be excellent. It is a place with tasteful Chinese decor, very quiet, a place where you can relax and spent time slowly over the food without being hassled. The staff are attentive without being intrusive, and the service is quick. You wish they would be slower so that you can linger even more .......

The menu is extensive, and is that unique kind of Indian Chinese that you will not find in any other country ...... the choice of rice dishes is excellent, and the vegetables are great too - particularly the Szechwan vegetable . I have also enjoyed the Chop Suey and noodles, but prefer the ginger fried rice. The desserts are not great , but I go for the soups and the main meal, and these are always very good value. I have never needed to make a reservation, and it is the relative low occupancy of the tables that makes the experience even better...... perhaps because we go at lunch time as soon as the place opens !

1  Thank RamjiRA
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This place is just the safe place I would go to because of the food. The taste and flavor is standard and will never change even if i go back here years later.

But what made me write this review was, this place located in an otherwise big hotel, needs to know that, on a hot summer day in Chennai, people not only want good food, but also air conditioning, when they eat. I think it would be basic sense to fix that or maybe it was just unlucky me who went on the wrong day.

But I can still say that, hoping they fix their flaws, the food will always keep me coming back here.

1  Thank Pal_078
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I and my wife went to this restaurant after a lot of people told us, especially when we told them we like eating at Mainland China. But sorry to say the food was not that good. We ordered a soup and then chicken schezwan and Hakka noodles. I have never had such awful Hakka noodles, it was almost deep fried and too oily. Also, what I thought worth mentioning was the servers were not professional at all. There was an IPL match going on and everybody seemed to be more interested including the Manager to watch the match, and we had to ask for the server on a couple of occasions to get our questions answered.

1  Thank RM_732010