“Nice experience”
Review of Dakshin

Dakshin
Ranked #7 of 6,833 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Alwarpet
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Large portions and helpful staff! Great setting, the live music was pleasant, it seemed highly popular as th restaurant was full!

SheratonPark, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

Thanking you once again for your valuable feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sheraton Park Hotel & Towers, Chennai. Yours is a relationship we cherish.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Courteous and knowledgeable staff. Quintessentially South Indian dishes in keeping with the name and tasted impeccable. Menu seemed somewhat limited in its offering. Serene Carnatic music a definite plus and added to the delightful ambiance.

SheratonPark, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Reviewed July 16, 2012

A couple of months ago, myself and my mate visited Dakshin, a restaurant in Park Sheraton. One of our mates had actually suggested us to try this place to eat as we were searching for a decent restaurant at 12:30am. We were extremely hungry so took my mate's advice and went to Dakshin. On reaching there, we saw the dishes in the buffet and without any hesitation chose to eat. The starters and the main course was good but my all time favourite dish was "hot chocolate pudding" and it was mind blowing. I actually went crazy by having three servings despite my tummy being full. It was extremely tasty and delicious. I am a sucker for chocolate dishes and this was just the right one for me. There was a manager called Prithviraj who ensured we got good service and kept asking us every 15 minutes if we were okay and needed anything else. Without being shy, I asked him if it is okay for me to take as many servings of the chocolate pudding as I can and he said "yes". I was extremely delighted. The price, I do not remember how much we paid. But, I did not care about the price as the pudding made my day.

4  Thank Pritish S
SheratonPark, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Authentic South Indian food served in a very friendly, cosy and quiet atmosphere. Great for a business lunch, quiet reunions, or just a romantic meal. I really liked the very high level of service - everyone was eager to explain the food choices, make helpful selections and also assist in navigating the meal. I would recommend this place both for lunch and dinner and have visited several times. Never been disappointed at all. A bit pricey but then you pay for top quality food and comfort anyway.

3  Thank luv2trvl2009

Reviewed July 7, 2012

dakshin park, very good to visit in a while.

food is very good to eat, and environment is pleaseant.

Employees are friendly and courteous, approachable.

Worth a try, we come on ocassions in the year. once a year or whenever we feel like.

3  Thank vivekhegde