“hopeless, stupidly expensive, spoiling Taj group's name , dont go there”
Review of Bay View Point

Bay View Point
Ranked #51 of 6,662 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Vellore, India
“hopeless, stupidly expensive, spoiling Taj group's name , dont go there”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

disgusting experience on bay view restaurant on a lunch, poor taste, unhygenic, flies sitting on food, unattentive waiters, one platter for 2000 rupees, so bad; has tsunami washed away all their reputation and standards too; cant imagine it is Taj group place. Horrible - none should go there, if this is the case. we had great experience in many taj hotels, but this was shamefully disgracing in all respect.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank debashish_danda

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Ultimate Indulgence!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Chennai has been kind to me.. I have had the opportunity of visiting in December when the weather Gods are smiling! To top it, I chose to spend an evening at the Bay VIew, Taj Fisherman's Cove. The food is as breathtaking as the view. My recommendation is to call and book atleast 4-5 hours in advance to get the beachside table. The staff is courteous and ensure you get the best experience. One must place the order and go to the beachside for a walk barefeet to enjoy the soft sand and feel the breeze, only to get back hungry! The menu is 5 star.. To begin with I ordered the Sea in a bowl soup.. it was too much of "sea" flavor for my palatte, even though it was made well.. The star of the evning for me and the thing to try is their "Fresh Catch" which literally it is. I opted for the typical Madras prep, Fresh Catch fish in Garlic and Raw Mango curry with Malabar Parota! They just melted in my mouth.. Loved every bit of the experience as I could see the stars in d clear sky, the cool breeze in my hair, soft sand beneath my feet, the sound of waves and a faint Live band in the background, while I enjoyed every bit of my delicious meal!

Visited December 2012
Bangalore
“dinner by the sea on a full moon night”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been dining at Fisherman's Cove since 2007 and nary a bad dinner have I had. Service is full on, the view is full on (50 mts to the waters of the Bay of Bengal), the bar is full on. What more can I say. But this fantastic experience is yours to enjoy only if you are a seafood eater. There is nothing for the vegetarian (except for the view) and even then I enjoy the experience while my family can enjoy the crab/ lobster/ prawns. The service is the opposite of indifferent/ coldly effecient/devil may care. The stewards are a warm bunch who will get the chef to your table so you can have your fish prepared the way you want it. They will remember you from your last visit. And god forbid if the sevice/ food is not to your satisfcation then they will make it up to you in a way that you become a slave to Fish Cover for the rest of your life.
What to order- grilled crab, lobster, prawns in lemon, pepper butter/ lemon, garlic butter sauce, chicken in kerala style, kerala parathas. I havent tried their western style food like bouillabaisse or food of the masterchef variety. But judging by the happiness quotient of our guests from UK and US, it seems to be great.
Do enjoy the food and ambience.

• Visited September 2012
Chennai
“Lovely place to eat beside the sea”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks and ate here many times. The fresh catch fish is simply delicious and the desserts enormous.

Visited August 2012
Chennai
“not an enjoyable experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location and view are par excellence. One of the best that I have witnessed so far.
As for overall experience, I would still rate them as 'Poor'. We were a group of three families who were meeting after 17 long years so thought to meet at this property.
We had ordered for Glenfiddich single malt whiskey (18years old) which they didn't have in stock. This was surprising to me for a premium brand like Taj. Anyway, we then settled with Glenfiddich (12 years old). After serving one peg,,,( yes...just one peg), they informed us of having run out of stock !! This was a shocker. If they had stock worth only one peg, why did they take the order !!! Anyway, we finally settled with scotch for subsequent pegs.

Secondly, people had given me feedback about good range of fish based cuisines being available with them ( this was one of the reason why we had picked this property since one of the family relishes fish). To add to our disappointments of 'whiskey mess', they didn't have much choice ( not even as basic as pomfrets) to offer other than some kind of small stinky fishes which were fried and served.

As for food taste and choice of food, I would give them 4/10. No big deal at all.

Overall, from my perspective, they donot deserve the '5 star' tag.

• Visited November 2012