“Yum food and nice ambience”
Review of Mainland China

Mainland China
Reserve a Table
eazydiner
Ranked #55 of 7,123 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Alwarpet
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I visited this lovely restaurant again after many months. The interiors look plush and lovely as always.

I had a crackling spinach and fresh lime soda which were both great and fresh. They have many new additions to the menu.
They offer dimsums,plus great veg items plus non-veg items too and noodles.
Manager very courteous and so are waiters.

Had just a snack this time.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 2, 2018

Booked Mainland China dinner buffer through EazyDiner . It was mentioned Rs.999/ discounted to Rs.499/ with unlimited mocktails which seemed like an excellent deal. Went with my wife and 2 kids. We have had food at Mainland China several times before and have always felt that it was top class. This was until few years back. Keeping that in mind, we were hoping for a sumptuous buffet spread but what we got was a total disappointment..Soup and starters are served at our table. We were given Tomato soup which tasted worse than a store bought readymade soup. We asked for other options and we were given Sweet and Sour soup which was also just ordinary. Since the offer mentioned unlimited mocktails, we were hoping for several options but what we got was some readymade juice mix. That was the only option available which again tasted hopeless. There were 4 or 5 vegetarian appetizers. Appetizers are their highlight and they tasted fairly decent. Again main course did not have major options..We settled for some noodles and rice with a curry. Just ordinary...They had 4 or 5 desserts apart from ice cream..It was OK. Overall, very disappointing...If the real cost for this buffett is Rs.999/-, I would not expect many people to go there. In fact, when we went there on a saturday evening which is the peak time, very few tables were filled up. I think Mainland China is going downhill atleast at this location.. I hope some corrective action is taken by the management soon as I have loved the food they have served before.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Ok buffet but Al Carte is worth the money you pay. Ask for your authentic Chinese and they will provide without any movement towards Indian cuisine. Good ambience too

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is mainly in Chinese food. Food is tasty and cost also medium. I went for buffet. So there are so many starters is there. Main dish only chicken noodles and chicken fried rice. I recommend who love chinese food.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Mainland China is my favourite Chinese restaurant, whether it is in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai or Kochi. The Mainland China in Chennai offers a variety of Chinese delicacies and it is really tasty.

Date of visit: August 2018