“Good for Sunday brunch”
Review of Prego

Prego
Ranked #571 of 6,730 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Nungambakkam/Marina Beach
Description: Taj Coromandel presents an all-new dining experience at Prego. From homemade pastas to thin crust pizzas, traditional maincourse and innovative desserts, the menu is fresh and vibrant. Paired with an unmatched selection of wines from across the world. Come rediscover the city's finest Italian cuisine restaurant.
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I visited after a gap of a couple of years. The brunch was good and the Italian chef visited the table just as before, This time I noticed it was so that she could take slices of cake from the sweet trolley each time which I suppose is a compliment to the food in its own way.

Another plus is the flow of Moet y Chandon. This practice ceased in 2010 so I stopped going. The main difference this time was the reduced number of people which is odd as I found it worthwhile. The food selection is limited but satisfactory.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Just brilliant. One of the best Italian restaurants I have eaten at anywhere in the world (including Italy).

1  Thank Caloobrus
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Food and service is nice. The chocolate platter dessert and tiramisu was great but very expensive, chocolate platter was USD19 and Tiramisu was at USD16. I pay USD5 for tiramisu in what I consider on of the best in the world in Bangkok. Main meals are also steep around USD37. wine list is even at a much higher price. Ambiance is nice and service is good but just expect to pay way to much for food and i have been to better restaurants. guess cos they are in the Taj Hotel and fine dining in India has to be expensive.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

My name is Federico and I'm Italian.
Me and my patners are often in India for work. It's very
difficult to find a good Italian restaurant outside of Italy and
quite impossible to find it in India. We travel a lot across this
country and generally speaking after few days of Indian cuisine, we  need to eat not spicy, hot, greavy or heavy food. We came in
Chennai for the last 6 years and the situation of continental cuisine
is peculiarly worst then those in Mumbai or Delhi. But 4 years ago, finally Taj Company opened the first Italian restaurant.
We go there when we Are in Chennai.
The Chef  is very professional,  quite original and light
hand on food.
 Although a bit expensive, we love to eat there because
it's  really  italian in flavour and choises. I personally love pasta and risotto, always  "al dente" at Prego.
At Prego we found the  highest
level of Italian cuisine, excellent quality and
gourmet touch with a good service.
The menù can be' difficult to'  appreciate for an Indian palate,  and can't satisfied you properly unless you have a  gourmet palate.
In fact at Prego we see a lot of japanese and expat people, and
comparing to the other Italian restaurant accross India, this is the
best so far.
And for some bad comments below, i think
 some people has a wrong idea about the real Italian taste and doesn,t see the difference between restaurant and pizzeria.
In my opinion  is the best Italian restaurant in India.

2  Thank Federico B
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The restaurant is part of the stunning Taj Coromandel hotel complex in Chennai, an icon in the city with a price to pay for. As Italian visiting India regularly I usually like to go for the local selection of food and regional taste, but the idea of eating fresh linguine prevailed. The menu is well balanced and special at the same time, you don't find here the typical pasta carbonara and pizza margherita that you would see abroad, but a distinctive mix of high cuisine and Mediterranean ingredients at work: I had a cod mash with squid ink sauce that was delicious and delicate, followed by fresh linguine con scampi and tomato coulis. Pizza is also home baked and looked very tempting... If you are with a customer, go for the wine list otherwise skip it, prices are very high and quality might not be worth it (this is something quite common in India, I find). There is a private and beautiful room for groups, right in the middle of the glass-walled cellar, as a curiosity.

2  Thank AliEnrico