“Awesome South Indian thali”

Sangeetha Veg Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 7,122 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Neighborhood: T. Nagar
Neighborhood: T. Nagar
Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

Whenever we visit Chennai, part of our ritual is to visit finger licking Sangeetha veg Resturant near St. Mary's street.

One of the best South Indian thaali anyone can look for. In thaali too so much of variety.

Place is sometimes crowded as we are not the only ones who love best food.

Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

Ambiance - 3
Service - 4
Value for money - 3.5
Cuisine - 3.5

Went with a family of 10 on a weekday @ 7.30 pm. Booked the table well in advance. Would recommend booking table, if it's a family outing. The place gets crowded around 8 pm even on weekdays.

Coming to food, we ordered Sambar vada instead of soup (looks like their signature dish) it was yummy, especially Sambar. Then we ordered the usual tandoori roti, plain roti, kofta etc. All the dish tasted yummy. For dessert we ordered Indian King ice cream (7 scoopes of ice cream with nuts), milkshake was very filling and yummy.

Reviewed February 6, 2017

Firstly I would like to tell readers that my review of this particular outlet is the one situated in Medavakkam which is on the way to the IT corridor. I do see a lot of reviews about several other outlets of this chain in this listing.
This outlet is relatively new. Due to road construction work that is currently going on, the parking is valet. The restaurant is located on the first floor of a building, however there is a lift as well. A full AC dining place, the space is quite big to accommodate good number of people. I went a little earlier than mid day, but meals were ready and I could order the choices I wanted. The service was excellent and so was the food, living unto the standard of Sangeetha. Though there are several other veg restaurants on this road nearby, I always prefer to dine here.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

Dined here with spouse and ordered the chaat combo (pav bhaji, beheld puri, etc) and Chettinad combo (uttapam, sambar, and several more dishes & a sweet), plus a sweet lassi. Total was 260 Rs. Good service, good-tasting food. English menu. Would go back.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

This is a review for Sangeetha at GN Chetty Road. I was here for breakfast. The fresh, steaming food in the morning is refreshing. The filter coffee was superb. Make sure you specify the customisation of coffee while ordering. The service is excellent. I liked the ambiance, quite cool and relatively calm in the morning. Parking is available. One of the well maintained Sangeetha outlets I have seen so far.