“Good hotel, good service.”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #31 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stayed at the Residency hotel, Chennai for 2-nights while waiting to check into a local hospital for treatment. We were very pleased with the accommodations and the kind and courteous service we received from everyone from door man, to the front-desk to housekeeping and even the breakfast buffet staff. Very good price for the room and area and you cannot beat the location and surrounding neighborhood with it's embassies, art deco style houses and apartments all draped in a beautiful tropical "Floria-Hawaii-esk" landscape. The rooms themselves are very modern and finished with bamboo wood throughout. With my injury, the rim-less walk-in shower was also a blessing.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

Dear Mr.Boodleman,

My team and I would like to thank you for taking the time and posting your positive review on The Residency Hotel, Chennai on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to note that your stay was comfortable. Encouraging feedbacks from our guests will motivate us to serve you better.

Reviewed December 22, 2009

TAIR09

We have stayed for couple of days in The Residency Hotel, Its is in GN Chetty Road near T.Nagar in Chennai, Its a high class hotel and 20 minutes drive to Central Railway station and 30 minutes drive from Air port

Since the Hotel is in center of city, Its is very much accessible to many shopping places, Near by place is T.Nagar where many no. of Shopping malls are found.

We stayed in a standard room which costs areound Rs 6,000/- per day (with Tax) with complimentary breakfast

Overall Hotel is good to stay within the city

• Stayed: August 2009

Dear Valued Guest ,

Reviewed December 14, 2009

Stayed for 4 nights (room 710) from 10th Dec to !3th Dec 2009.Great hotel.This is my repeat stay.Courteous staff.Bell desk also helpful.Restaurants are specious.Good but expensive Chinese food.Quite near to Main markets.Overall value for money.One sore point no incentive for Regular guests , no discounts.No discount for Web booking too.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Sivaprasad ,

Reviewed November 30, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a week in a superior room. I have to say I was greatly impressed with my stay. I had selected the hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor and was greatly apprehensive. However all my fears were allayed as soon as I stepped into the room.

One of the main problems in India is finding a clean, comfortable and modern hotel that doesn't cost 4 or 5 star prices. In other words standards for 3 star hotels are not at par with 3 star hotels globally. Most hotels in India that tout themselves to be 3 stars would be 2 stars and likewise many 4 stars would be 3 stars. This hotel by global standards is easily a 3.5 stars and certainly a 4 star by Indian standards.

The room is large and comfortable. It is very clean and has wood floors, which to me was very important. On the 6th floor I had a nice view. Ask for rooms on the back side of the hotel above the 5th floor. The room had a new LCD TV and a coffee maker and electronic safe. The bathroom was clean and compact. The only minor issue - the amount of lighting in the bathroom was not adequate, especially over the mirror.
Every other thing was perfect. Small things like a light in the closet when it is opened and universal electrical adapters in all wall outlets make every bit the difference.

I only tried the Spice Jar restaurant for the buffet breakfast and dinner. The buffet breakfast included in the room rate is great if you like South Indian breakfast. Other than that you get omelettes, parathas, and cereals. The dinner buffet is good value as well.

Coming to the staff, they are incredible. Very polite and accommodating and ready to assist you in any possible manner. If you have any issues just ask them and they go out of their way in helping. That is what makes the stay that much more pleasing. The only issue they are not as professionally trained with all the customer service standards. They do make up for the professional training with their willingness to help the guest, which is eventually what matters. So just a little patience and understanding will get you what you want.

Last but not the least I would like to mention the travel desk that were always helpful in arranging for the cars. The drivers were all very polite and courteous and I was able to rent the car for any number of hours for as low as 2 hours at a time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Dear Valued guest,

Reviewed October 28, 2009

We spent 3 nights at the residency. We found the staff very courteous and welcoming. There was an excellent selection of various South Indian preparations for breakfast in addition to the usual Western menu. We regreted not sampling the lunch and dinner in the restaurant of the Residency.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest ,

Reviewed August 18, 2009

Room was comfy. Bathroom was clean, just the way I like it. Service was good. Cld do with a better breakfast spread.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Dear Ms.Shyamala ,

Reviewed August 5, 2009

rooms are bit high, can afford it for business trips. Good, clean, neat & tidy spacious rooms, good conference room. Staff is co operative.10 km from airport and 6 km from stations.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business