“excellent stay”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #31 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Residency, Chennai is excellent.Value for money in every sense. Good clean and tidy rooms, soft beds, nice location, friendly courteous staffs, very good and tasty food and excellent service. On my next visit I will surely look forward to stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor road facing room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sanjaydutta
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Greetings.

Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on the Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we hope that all your future visits would be beneficial too.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you to The Residency.

With best regards

There are newer reviews for The Residency

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The location, welcome, rooms, all are as good as before, as experienced during the earlier visit. However, the disappointment was in the restaurant which, I felt, was much better as experienced during my numerous visits earlier. This time, there was a deterioration in ambiance, cleanliness and service.

Room Tip: Try not to get rooms near the lifts
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Minus- Floor cleanliness in room was not good. It was manageable by wearing sleepers but it was a big negative.
Plus - Value for money otherwise. Food and Service is good with friendly staff. Nicely located specifically for people who are traveling to Chennai for US Visa interviews.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Greetings.

Sincere apologies to you for the inconvenience you had to go through on your recent stay at our hotel.The matter has been taken up with the concerned department and remedial measures are being implemented.

I do hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you and make your stay comfortable.

Thanking you

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My family of three checked in on 28th feb and stayed for two days. Hotel plus points are the central location, very clean/ hygiene rooms. Breakfast spread was good, but can be made more tasteful.chin chin chinese restaurant in the same property serves yummy chinese. Overall a pleasant stay and hope to come back soon.flip side is room service rates are a bit higher side.

Room Tip: Value for money
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings.

I would like to thank you for taking out some time to post your feedback in the Tripadvisor. I was glad to know that your stay at our property was comfortable.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you again to The Residency.

With best wishes

Reviewed February 25, 2014

the hotel with 24 hours checkout. Good rooms and bed. breakfast layout was excellent. Loved the food.Bar was average.The time visited i was only guest. staff was quite helpful to provide local guidance. Overall good business hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Greetings.

It was indeed a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel. We at The Residency truly value your positive feedback. We sincerely hope you will give us many more opportunities to serve you on your future visits.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you to The Residency.

With Warm Regards

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My stay has always been in this hotel for the many times I have travelled,I have never regretted my stay. It has always been like my second home, talking and getting information about the city and the daily happenings the staff have always helped me in going the extra mile.
Food n the rooms are superb. Kudos to The Residency n the excellent staff & management.

Room Tip: Talk to the kind and helpful staff what are your requirements they are able to grant your wishes.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Greetings.

I would like to thank you for taking out some of your valuable time to post your feedback on the Tripadvisor. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay. Your message about this property and services has been conveyed to my entire team. Such encouraging feedback from our guests motivates us to strive and do better .

Looking forward to welcoming you again to The Residency.

With Best Wishes

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Besides the central location and the one and only polite doorman(cant remember his name) , i would say nothing else for me to compliment

i have stayed in many hotels in chennai, as im a frequent traveler and by far this is the worst hotel i have stayed in.. the staffs were not attentive and friendly.. my air-conditioner in my room was faulty, even after i complained the following day, expecting them to repair but unfortunately it was still the same, was literally sweating the whole night.. had to inform again the next day and finally they got it done but was no use as that was my final night.. there was a fruit complimentary tag in the room, it took the staffs 1 hour to bring up the fruits after giving them a buzz and the best part the fruits were not sliced even after they mentioned the fruits would be sliced.. and the staff said would bring up a knife for us but he never came back.. we were really dissapointed, definitely that would be my only stay..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank DThanabalan
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Greetings.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through during your recent stay at our hotel. Please be informed, I tried my best to investigate on the issue but could not find out since your name on the Tripadvisor has been found to be a proxy one.

I would truly appreciate if you could take time and send me the details of your name registered in our hotel at the time of arrival / Room No. & the Check-in date. This will help us to take corrective measures and improve on our services.

Hope you give us another opportunity to serve you and make your stay comfortable.

Thanking you