“A true southern delight restaurant”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #29 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel's staff is quite aware of its guests it seems. They gave us a lot of value adds, there was ample fruits coming in, the buffet on the roof was a welcome and its location is bang on. Every thing is only half an hour away. The true delight was the south Indian restaurant. The thali topped my list of enjoying the true taste of south Indian food. It took us an hour to peacefully rummage through the various spices hitting our palette. All in all, it was a trip where food surpassed hotel beauty.

Room Tip: Take the higher floors to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings!

Thank you very much for taking time to post your valuable comments on the trip advisor.
I shall most definitely share your feedback with our chef and his team.
Thanking you

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was just great to stay in this place..receptionist Ms.Ragavi and he team soo kind and great in front office.Food was excellent and cost effective.Met Mr.Sakthivel the chef of the hotel.He makes special dishes and suggests you some new variety of cuisines.Very innovative.over all a great great place.Thanks to the entire residency team.Housekeeping was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings!
At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing The Residency as a venue to stay during your recent visit to Chennai. I also thank you for taking time to post your feedback on the rip advisor.
I had made note of the staff members whom you had mentioned and I shall mostly definitely share your compliments to them.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Residency Chennai.
With best regards

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

First of all the hotel is in a great location and the service is just tremendous.I have experienced check-in like this only in 5 Star properties.Ragavi and the entire team was soo good on the process.Every meal was soo cost effective and truly very very delicious.especially a chef Mr.Sakthivel is really good at his preparation and suggesting your cuisine.Housekeeping is really good.Over all great experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings! At the outset I would to thank you for taking time to post your feed back on the trip advisor. I am immensely happy to understand that you had enjoyed your stay at our property and mentioned a few names of staff who had impressed you. I shall most definitely take your compliments to them.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the residency during our transit. Booked the hotel based on the trip advisor reviews (which were accurate!) despite initial hiccup where the staff at checkin could not locate our booking that was done just 3 hours ago, we felt the hotel was value for money. We booked at the best available rate online. The hotel is approx. 30 min from the airport. Pros courteous staff, clean average sized rooms and toilet, free WiFi (!), basic amenities. The rate included buffet breakfast but we had to check out at 5 am. Hotel packed us a biiiig breakfast- muffins, veg sandwich and cut packed in massive boxes..so much that we couldn't finish it! Cons-not many, the shower has a curtain which doesn't exactly stop the water from spilling on the wc and the bathroom floor, the flooring in the room is bit dodgy (at least in our room on the 5th floor) overall its a good stay for a short visit to the city. ( I have selected 5 star for the swimming pool and the gym because I never visited and trip advisor wouldn't let me submit the review without selecting an input lol)

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings! At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing The Residency as a venue to stay during your recent visit to Chennai. I also thank you for taking time to post your comments on the tripadvisor. I have made note of your concerns and I shall initiate corrective measures.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

All service personel were excellent and thoughtful. Decor was old and drab, though clean. Food needs some improvement. Room service is courteous and fast. I would stay here again. The rooms and corridors need to be properly lit up.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Greetings!
At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing The Residency as a venue to stay during your recent visit to Chennai and rated it as good.
I had made note of your observation and remedial measure will be implemented at the earliest.
We look forward to your return.
With best regards

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Centrally located in t nagar. Breakfast was good. Staff was helpful. Good place to stay. Only suggestion is - they need to reduce the waiting time at arrival.........................................................

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Greetings!
I thank you for taking time to post your feedback on the tripadvisor and I am glad to know that you had rated our hotel as good.
I had made note of your comments on the delayed check in and I assure to take remedial measures.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Residency Chennai.
With best wishes

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed there for a night during our transit. The good thing about this hotel is the "24 hr checkin/checkout". The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I am from Chennai, so decided to try the breakfast buffet. The quality of the breakfast was not good, if you want to enjoy the typical south Indian food, I'll go out and have it.

Room was clean and well maintained. They were supposed to bring in a roll in bed but they didn't. Also, there's no space in the room for an additional bed ;-)

Overall, the location, service, staff and price was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

Dear Valued Guest ,

My team and I would like to thank you for taking the time and posting your positive review on The Residency Hotel, Chennai on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to note that your stay was comfortable. Encouraging feedbacks from our guests will motivate us to serve you better.

We truly appreciate your support and sincerely look forward to your return.

Kindly feel free to call me for any assistance.

With Warm Regards