“For a reasonable price an excellent hotel...”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #29 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am a regular visitor to The Residency located in G.N Chetty Road T Nagar Chennai for the past 3 yrs and I've been staying for a day or two quite often. The stay is really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles starting from the General Manager till the room attendant . Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). One special thing I noticed in this hotel is once you enter the room after check in, the room would be already chill even before the AC is on. The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my house.
The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable. Very rich and tasty breakfast, I love delicious south Indian Idly and Pongal, and I found the best around. With each breakfast I became more spoiled.
These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on Trip advisor. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and rated it as excellent. Your feedback enhances are services and also motivates staff and self.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to "The Residency ".
With best wishes

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed while during a business trip. Can recommend this to anyone as the experience was exemplary on all counts.

Centrally located in Chennai city, this is an ideal base if work requires you to travel around the city. The rooms are clean and very tastefully furnished. Food and service also hit the spot, the buffet breakfast is well worth it although the tables sometime tend to fill up.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings!
At the outset I woud like to thank you for choosing The Residency as a venue to stay during your recent visit to chennai. I also thank you for taking time ot post your feed back on the trip advisor. We are happy to know that you had enjoyed your stay at our property and rated us as excellent.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Residency.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

had an apportunity to stay in the metropolition too in chennai but this time made myself up for this place and trust me guys it was a gud choice, I happened to stay over my business trip and being valentines day did not get the normal suite and appened to stay at the suite. the suite was quite good with a masage chair and a massive hall. the service and the food both get a thumps up from me. In total a gud hotel.

Room Tip: There are tow residency hotels one , other one is a residency tower. Choose the road side view rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on Trip advisor. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our property and rated it as very good.
Your feedback makes our services better and motivates self and staff.
Looking forward to welcoming back to "The Residency".
with best regards

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is one of the comfortable hotels to stay in Chennai at a decent price. The rooms are as good as any of the Top hotels. You are assured of a comfortable stay and a sound sleep. The hotel is at a good location. The room service is very good and the food is tasty. The buffet breakfast is good and if you have to catch an early morning flight, they pack the breakfast for you as well. This hotel is well known so if you are new to Chennai and do not speak Tamil, the auto drivers will take you to the place even if you just tell them the hotel name and the location. Kudos for the good management .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Greetings! At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing The Residency as a venue to stay during your recent visit to Chennai.
we truly appreciate you taking time to post your feedback on the trip advisor. We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and rated it as excellent. We also thank you for your compliments on the management and such positive feedback motivates all staff and self.
With best wishes

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very good location , the bell boys are really good , the help a lot , outside u get the cofffee shop the best for light meals , near all the shooping places , and restaurantes , very live lively area , easy to get the local transport .
Nice buffet breakfast , i did not have any other meal there , as there was nice options near .Language is a bit problem in Chennai as i dont speka the local language , but i like hte city .
Appolo hospital very nice , really recomend if u go for a medical chekc up , dont forget to take u r passport to register as a foreiner so u get a separate department to handle travelers .
Overall , nice palce to go and stay

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Greetings! At the outset I would like to thank you for taking time to post your feedback on the Trip advisor. We are happy to understand that you enjoyed your stay at our property and rated it as very good.

General Manger

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nice rooms good location. Fairly good service from the staff. We only had the buffet food in the main lounge restaurant which was pretty decent. Wide selection of vegetarian food.
This was my second visit to the same hotel - previous trip was about 7 years ago. Hotel has been kept generally well and the rooms, while slightly small, are very comfortable and well appointed. Some finishing seems to be coming apart (light fitting in the bathroom came apart and fell into the sink one day and the latch to the door kept getting stuck preventing an exit from the room - I hope this has been rectified as I informed the reception about this.) The couch in the attached room looked fairly worn in but nothing too concerning.
Main reception seemed quite busy and they forgot to arrange for something despite being told the day before but the hotel made up for it in the end. Location is pretty good as proximity to main shopping areas close by the 3-wheelers.
Overall a pretty good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Greetings!
I thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on Trip advisor. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and rated it as very good. I am personally initiating corrective measures, to immediately address all your concerns. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to look after you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

For the past eleven years I have been placing groups of Australian health workers, sometimes upward of 35 people, in several hotels around India including the Residency in T.Nagar Chennai. There is no question that this hotel is superior. They provide an unrivalled service, flexibility to our needs and a friendliness beyond what you might expect from a big city hotel anywhere. The rooms are well maintained, nicely appointed and comfortable. Probably one of the greatest recommendations I can give the Residency Hotel is for its food, particularly the masala prawns in the Coffee Shop.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and rated it as excellent.
Your feedback motivates our staff and self.

With best regards