“Excellent Facilities”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #31 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The stay at Residency was very comfortable besides the fact that the hotel is not very far from Chennai airport, Also there are some good places to shop at walkable distance from the hotel. The buffet complimentary breakfast was good and the room was excellent. Had a nice sound sleep during the night. The staff are also very cordial and helpful. EVen though we arrived late in the night they quickly made arrangements to help us get into our room. Would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in chennai.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest.

Greetings! At the outset I would like to thank you for taking time and posting your feedback on the Tripadvisor. I had made note of your comments on the room service & housekeeping and I shall personally take the same to the managers Incharge. I do hope you will give us an opportunity to look after you on your future visit.

There are newer reviews for The Residency

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had the chance to stay in The residency this month and should say it was a well maintained hotel.. The rooms & bathrooms are clean and spacious no complaints in that. Breakfast is complementary you will get almost all of south Indian dishes at the Buffet and its really tasteful as well. There is a mini bar at the room , but it wasnt cool enough as it should be, prices are on the Higher side as well, and average room costs around $100 a day . The food is also on the costlier side will have to say . The sleep quality is really good and no issues was there. The bar is also an excellent place you get all the varieties there.
One thing i woould like them to improve is the room service, they are fast in getting things to the room, but NEVER comes back to take the plates, thats really awkward we have to call them each time to get things cleared. If you switch on the "service" button in the room hoping that they will clean it by the time you reach back that dosent happen as well, you have to call them and ask for room cleanup (this might have happened to me alone not sure tho). Always choose the airport transfer that they provide its good and isnt that expensive.
Overall it was good but needs much care in room service section and housekeeping.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Vivek
Greetings! We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and rated it as very good. Your feedback makes our services better and also motives staff and self. I have noted your comments on Room service and initiated corrective measures.
with best wishes

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at Residency coimbatore before and I should say that the inside of both the hotels are the same. Well kept. Nice food was available , I loved the tastes. The rooms are good in spaces well equipped with most of the stuffs you need to live in a hotel. The bathroom was clean and equipped with. I found one thing disturbing was that I have booked the room for two and there was only single piece of toiletries that were in the room, I found that awkward.

Another issue I found was that the tea bags and other accessories were only kept for a single person that was not an acceptable factor. The bar was good and the menu was also nice. The people were friendly and helpful. For the money we pay its a best deal.

The lack of the swimming pool was another factor that was to be noted.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings!

I wish to thank you for taking time to post your feedback on the Tripadvisor and I shall most definitely take up the issues highlighted by you to the concerned Managers.
I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to look after you on your next visit.
Thanking you

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been staying in Hotel Residency for almost last 6 months.I have stayed there for for more than 35 days from Aug 12 till date. ( Tomorrow I will be staying again).
I love to stay here,
The pleasure starts from the entrance itself. There a turban wearing smartly dressed man welcoming u with a smile and one always wonders where he has seen him before.
The front desk is very helpful.
The ambiance is excellent
Once you enter people treat u as if you are the most precious guest. Even after so many visits the attitude of " yes here he comes again" is not seen at all.
The rooms are excellently furnished.
The room service is excellent. ( Unbelievable) If you order Tea do not think you have time to shave , it may come faster than that ( Personal experience)
Facilities are very good
The free broadband internet provided is a good facility
The Gym is well equipped
The variety of eatables available for breakfast is amazing. difficult to choose really
Some things I do desire--
The Internet could be made wireless

I think its a must stay place for anybody visiting Chennai

Room Tip: Any room is good Try superior room

Greetings!
At the outset I would like to thank you for your continued patronage and I do appreciate the same.
I also thank you for taking time to post your feedback on the tripadvisor.
With regards
General Manager.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Residency is an excellent property located conveniently at the GN Chetty Road. The rooms are a good size, beds comfortable, working desk large, bathrooms clean and the toiletries of high quality. I had a good night's sleep. The bell hops are far more helpful than the people at the reception, but in general, you will find that the room is in order and wont need much wrangling over the phone with the reception.

The hotel offers good deals in terms of breakfast included or airport drop+ breakfast+ buffet dinner included plans. These are definitely more value for money than simply taking the room and I would strongly recommend the airport drop+ breakfast + buffet dinner.

There is also a Murugan Idly outlet at walking distance to the hotel and is worth a visit if you are looking for some delicious idlys.

Room Tip: Any room is good since all rooms have large windows.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Satyavageeswaran

Dear Valued Guest

At the outset I would like to thank you for taking time to post your comments on the Trip advisor.

We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and rated it as very good. Your feedback makes our services better and also motivates staff and self.

with best wishes

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had booked it through Makemytrip.com. When I reached the hotel and after checked in I was informed there are two separate beds due to non-availability of room. At request they just joined the beds with awkward positions. No blanket in the room and after asking for it only one was provided. Then we had to ask for one more again. Only one bottle was served and when asked for another bottle they never turned up.(even though the booking clearly mentions One bottle of packaged mineral water per person complimentary. The bell boys always waited for tips. Only one set of toiletries made available in the room for 2 guests.

Room Tip: I think the treatment to guests depending on how the booking was made. If it's direct to hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Venkataraman

Greetings! We at The Residency truly value your feedback and I do apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through during your recent visit.
I am personally initiating corrective measures to immediately address all your concerns, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to look after you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The best place to stay in Chennai if you want to be close to the shopping and action in the city, yet not be paying through your nose. After searching for a lot of options near T Nagar, this one came out as the best combination of price and amenities. a very clean property with exactly the amount of amenities required for a business traveller or night stay travellers who are not seeking add-ons like a pool. Room service was good and the breakfast was a good spread. I would love to stay again when I am in Chennai.

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings!
Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on the Trip advisor.
Thanking you