“Good to be back here”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #29 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After staying in few other hotels in Chennai, i felt great when i went back to Residency last week. The hotel General Manager, Charles, had left a nice note for me in my room welcoming me back. He even joined for breakfast next morning which is a clear sign of "customer first" concept. I was surprised to see the changes in the room like a ipod docking station, wooden floors,few changes in the shower area and nice lamp shades. Breakfast was as usual lip smacking. Felt good to be back. Thanks guys. Keep up the good work. Suresh

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sureshdeenan
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Mr. Suresh
Greetings!
At the outset I would like to thank you for returning back to The Residency after a long time and I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable. I also appreciate you taking time and posting your feedback on the Tripadvisor, the measures we had taken to enhance our facilities in the room.
We look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

When arrived at this hotel, I had to literally get down out of the car almost outside the hotel as the drive-way is packed with cars..
Looks like there was an event /function going on at the hotel and reception area was quite noisy, when I arrived...

Check-in was prompt and the room is quite nice..
On a Value for money front, this is an excellent hotel.. Ordered few drinks and dinner from room service & quality of food is reasonable..
Breakfast was quite nice and service very warm and friendly..
Charges for airport drop is quite reasonable (about Rs.600.00+)..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Naresh
Greetings!
I am extremely happy to learn that you had a comfortable stay at "The Residency" Chennai and I truly appreciate you taking time and posting you valuable feedback on The Tripadvisor.
Thanking you

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I spent 5 nights at this Hotel to catch up with my friends in Chennai. Value for money. The food was excellent, especially the Fish Tikka from room service. The staff all were so helpful. The bell boys are very informative and guides you well. Very good WiFi coverage which was very useful to communicate with family.

The morning breakfast was equally good. The area the Hotel was located, is close to many eateries and shopping. If you love South Indian music, do not miss the excellent performance by a talented play back singer on Thursday Night. Make sure you make a reservation at least 2 weeks earlier, it is very packed.

I really enjoyed my stay, I felt I was at Home. Congratulations to the Team. Cheers!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank muthu6820

Dear Mr. Muthu
Greetings!
At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing The Residency as a venue to stay during your recent visit to Chennai and I am happy to know that your stay was comfortable. I shall most definitely share you compliments to my team, especially the chef. I also thank you for taking time and posting your feedback on the tripadvisor.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was in this hotel again in July. Now I can see lot of changes in the overall approach towards managing guest(s) need. Room service was very very quick – Really was pleased to this change. Whole cycle - Right from Check in formalities to check out was very smooth. Great “ Chin Chin ” restaurant - I will say one of the best Chiness food I had ever had . Breakfast as usual was superb. In my opinion this hotel is moving from a good hotel to a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank prashant1272

Dear Mr. Prashanth
Greetings!
I wish to thank you for your return to our hotel and I truly appreciate you taking time to post your valuable feedback on The tripadvisor. We have taken your earlier feedback in a positive manner and remedial measures have been taken.
We look forward to your continued patronage.
General Manager.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very good customer service at front desk, laundry, and restaurants. You get a free breakfast buffet with the room - has a good variety of Indian and western dishes. Eggs and dosas made fresh upon order, and served to your table by one of the many well trained wait staff.

I was there for a wedding and needed help wearing my sari - reception sent up a female receptionist to help me out!

Also, if you are traveling within India from Chennai, the hotel is willing to hold your extra luggage for you (internal flights DO charge for excess baggage!). Just remember, the hotel does not assume responsibility for your belongings so don't leave anything too important, and lock your luggage if you are concerned. We left ours unlocked and it was just fine.

The hotel's Chinese restaurant - Chin Chin - is very good.

The only downfall is that the hotel's bar draws a somewhat rowdy bunch on Friday and Saturday nights. If you are a single woman or traveling with only women, I suggest you request an escort to your room.

Room Tip: Housekeeping needs a tip BEFORE they fully clean your room. This is nothing to get upset about - jus...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lila J
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings,

We would like to thank you for having chosen The Residency for your stay in Chennai. It was truly encouraging to read your feedback on tripadvisor. It will help us to serve you better.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you again to The Residency.

Warm regards

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

bad experience. the rooms have damp smel and feels very lousy. the smells as if not opned for years.
the tv is 15 inches and so small that actually its iritaring to watch lying at bed.
the ac gives you the temp of its choice. no matter you change it temp of your choice.
the tv channels are taken from local cable poor picture quality.

i woukd never stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Jk25x

Dear Valued Guest
I have made note of your feedback on our product and I am extremely sorry for the all the inconveniences caused during your stay. I assure that remedial measures will be taken on the points highlighted by you. I am sure that you will notice remarkable changes on your next visit.
With best wishes.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Its a nice, decent hotel located very much on the city, near to TNAGAR. The rooms are quite comfortable and equipped with required amenities to take care of your comforts. They have pretty good options for food, the buffet breakfast and dinner has a variety of spread. Chin Chin serves authentic spread of chinese. Loved the variety of Wadas and Chutneys which they serve during breakfast at the restraunt. Staff is very courties and helpfull in nature. Had been staying in this hotel for a good number of times during the past years. The service standard is very much maintained. Very much preferred to stay here.

Room Tip: I found most of the rooms very comfortable and free from any noise pollution, inspite of being locat...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Neeru_travellor
TheResidencyChennai, General Manager at The Residency, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings.

It was indeed a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay. I truly appreciate your efforts to post your feedback on the Tripadvisor.

Looking forward to welcoming you to The Residency.

Warm Wishes