“Maurya International, Chennai is the worst hotel ever.. Avoid it.”

Hotel Maurya International
Ranked #185 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Maurya International, Chennai is the worst hotel ever.. Avoid it.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been stuck in this Hell for a few weeks now.
The rooms are adequate (well, my toilet stopped flushing last night and still no one has come to check it after repeated calls to reception) but this hotel is simply not worth your mental energy.
Primarily because of the staff.
The place is run by complete idiots. Every interaction I have had just ends up infuriating me, the staff are so incredibly stupid.
We're talking 'serve toast and butter with a SPOON to smear the butter on' stupid.
On top of that, their kitchen is [--] terrible. They have a restaurant/ bar here and every night it is dead... No one comes here, it's so bad.
Bad food, bad preparation, inconsistent portions... I've returned raw omelettes, veg dishes with prawn tails found in them... Their kitchen is a [--] disgrace.
This is my first trip to Chennai on business and sadly this hotel has killed the city for me. I have no interest to step out even. I'm just done with this whole experience. I'm never coming back here... I'll quit my company before ever coming back to Chennai. I can't deal with such idiots..

On the plus side, their laundry service is has so far been on time and they haven't lost any clothes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eatdrinksleep2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mysore
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked (2 adults + 1 child) for a deluxe suite by full payment but instead I got a small two bed unit., with an extra bed for their lapses [Not sure how would have been otherwise]

What was the excuse? All rooms are booked. No explanation (as of this time) for this error, either from cleartrip or from the hotel.

The worst part was, the room was so small and I had to choose between not using the bath-room or use the extra bed without cot in-front of the bath-room door. Inside the room there was no ambient light, certainly not a good place for relaxation.

The satisfying factors were: (1) Good Wi-Fi internet connectivity
(2) 24 hrs checkout (which made me to choose this hotel)

Overall, I was very unhappy with hotel. Will never ever go to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thank Balakrishna Bha... D

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's good value for money, since the rooms are quite descent for the tariff, which is very reasonable & also considering the location; food is not that great but ok... but we were utterly dissatisfied with the service... we had booked 7 rooms for my wedding, out of which 3 rooms were for the family & 4 rooms for a few guests who were going from bangalore; all was fine & we got the first 6 rooms without any problem; as & when the guests arrived, the rooms were being given; problem came at 11pm at night when the last of the guests arrived & we asked for the 7th room; they said they've no rooms available!!! But we had booked a month in advance!! & now they tell us at the last moment, 11 at night, when the guests had already arrived & waiting... we felt very bad & embarrassed... we urged that the hotel authorities should do something since we can't keep the guests waiting after their long journey from B'lore... on this, they offered to provide room in a different hotel, around 7km away!!! That was too bad... Finally we decided within the family & out of the 3 rooms that were booked for us, we offered our guests one & cramped into the other two... this was but a most unwelcome hassle, 'coz we had to wake up early the next morning for my wedding...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Malavika_G
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I found the front office staff very helpful even though I checked in late at night. The courtesy and warmth shown was impressive. Another welcome feature is 24 hours checkin-checkout, and a helpful travel desk.

Room Tip: Higher floor are comparatively noise-free and good for wi/fi connectivity
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kochi
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Too good for the value of the money spend. Even for family also the services and food are excellent. Rooms are maintained clean and daily cleaning is done. Bathrooms are neat and facilites are good. In total good hotel and will recomend to any one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Nova Gorica, Slovenia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel is in the center. No turist sites near. Food is exelent also stuff is helpful. Wifi works fine, no extra charges. I stayed in hotel for few days. Rooms clean, bathroom average, but clean. I reserved hotel by venere.com, but when arrived in hotel, at reception there was no reservation on my name. Helpfuly they have spare rooms. Price is exellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 178Ales
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed December 25, 2012

worth the money. good ambience. food taste is subjective. quick service. staff is extremely heplful. rooms are clean. wi fi connectivity is available. much cheaper than others with good facilities. very close to the main parts of city like vadapalani, t.nagar valasaravakkam, porur etc. not very far from the bus facility also. since the location is on the main road, it might be a little chaotic,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family