Crystal Residency
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$217
$144
Hotels.com
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$138
$103
  • Pool
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$132
$83
Taj Hotels
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
$72
$67
Agoda.com
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$80
$55
Agoda.com
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$88
$61
Agoda.com
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$85
$57
  • Breakfast included
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$177
$119
Travelocity
The Residency(Chennai (Madras))
$64
$48
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$216
$130
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Number of negative remarks may be about this property from those who selects hotels for fun n enjoy but not for bonafide stay but that doesnt effects us who always selects hotels for safe, peaceful and genuine stay of family.
management of this hotel follows their policy very strict and they do not compromise at the cost of discipline i.e. No Liquor is allowed, No cousins are allowed with women/girls, we should take it positively.there are thousands of hotels who welcomes elicit relations but few follows the values for the safety n security of lonely women/girls/family etc.
I will give full marks for this. Location is the best point of this hotel, an ordinary man can guide from any corner of Chennai about "Thousand Lights" Gemini Bridge or US Consulate. Front desk staff is very much cooperative.First impression is last one. I m highly impressed with Mr.Khan who offered wheal chair for my mother-in-law to carry her at 4th floor, who arranged taxi even their permanent auto for me and guided me all about Chennai. Rooms are neat n clean, they arranged delicious meals without Onion and garlic.Room service is quick friendly and as per requirement of guests.Likings may varies but for me no other destination with in 3000/-.To stay with family I am fully satisfied.Thanx crystal residency.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RNPAREEK
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Wrost hotel i have ever stayed. Hotel booking was done just because of US consulate. Overcharged hotel rooms. Booking was done for standard room but they initially gave me very small room. Then i checked pic of the standard room on net it was different room. Thanks to my smart phone tht i checked that pic else i wud have stayed in that servant type room. This hotel theives sitting at their reception.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank crhotel1
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed for 1 day. For my visa interview @ US consulate. Hotel location is good. In front of US Consulate. Room is small. Table fan is available in each room. Complimentary breakfast available. Escape mall is near the hotel approxiamtely 1 km...by auto 40rs. Drop to airport by auto is 300 rs.

Room Tip: It is in front of US Consulate.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sagar0707
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here for my visa interview. A decent place to stay with the tariff is pretty reasonable. Very close to US consulate is the major advantage and nice food and people to deal with.

Regards,
Sameer

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SameerRazack
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My Experience with Yatra.com and Hotel Crystal Residency

This what I wrote to Yatra.com

I am quite disgusted that you haven't got the courtesy to speak to me although I rang Yatra at least seven times.

Each time I spoken to your so called customer service advisors Prabhu and Dravinder, who said they will transfer the call to you but you never answered the call which is totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

I have major problem with Yatra.com, I was looking for a hotel in Chennai and your website came on the search engine.

Looking at your website I came across "Hotel Crystal Residency" which your website states I quote "It provides the utmost facilities to its clients to add to its elegance. This has been the outstanding reason why many clients opt to stay there". It also show photographs which are nothing like the hotel itself.

I got to the so called elegant "Hotel Crystal Residency", first of all i was told i will be staying at the other property 2 doors down. The Hotel was DIRTY with no lift. I was totally disgusted when I saw the room. I went straight to the reception and told them I booked in this hotel and not the one next door. The porter showed me a room in the original hotel and that has also totally Dirty. Even in the corridor leading to my room there were dirty plates with flies around them. Also a big mattress against my room wall. Inside the room the bed was disgusting with stains on the pillow. In the bathroom the shower head was all moulded black grime, toilet was dirty. On the floor there was a cockroach. There was no way I was going to stay in this hotel. In UK the health ans safety department would shut this hotel down. Not suitable for human beings.

I went straight down to the reception and told them that I wasn't happy and that the room was nothing like the pictures they showed on Yatra Website. I wanted to move to a different Hotel demanding a full refund. They said that they would take it up with Yatra.

I am demanding a full refund from Yatra beacuse off your website, I booked the "elegant" Hotel Crystal Residency, I am not bother what Hotel Crystal Residency is saying regarding, what they are willing to refund as far as I am concerned the stay at Hotel Crystal Residency was miss sold through your website. You need to demand the money back of them. I was even told by your employee Dravinder that we have had several complaints about this hotel before. So why are Yatra still advertising the hotel right now?.

The other thing is that you need to protect your so called customers like me and not only the hotel. Customers are the ones who provide Yatra with business. I don't know about your company in India but this would never happen in UK (United Kingdom). I am not just going to go away quietly I need this mess sorting out. I will be taking this up with Yatra UK when i get back home. I am India for six months on business visiting various states using internal flights and hotels. I dont feel Yatra are good enough to provide a professional service.

Also when I paid the money was taken from my account straight away, yet the refund will take seven days after investigations, get this sorted I need the money back.

If this mess is not sorted out I will make it well known on the internet about my experience with Yatra.com and advise other travellers not to use your service, if that the way you treat your customers.

Please get this mess sorted. .

Regards

Final outcome was Yatra.com didn't refund their fee and hotel kept one nights stay. I would never use Yatra.com go to Agoda, travelmasti, expedia but never use Yatra total cowboys.

Business Customer from UK