“value for money”
Review of Beverly Hotel

Beverly Hotel
Ranked #82 of 437 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed September 10, 2012

i picked this hotel after searching through sites. managed to get a good package. nice place, safe for single women, good service, and very good delicious food - these guys cook authentic stuff.
the only disadvantage is itz approach, very crowded but they have a huge parking opposite.
will love to recommend this place to any visitor ...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelsoftanveer
Management response:Responded September 18, 2012

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Beverly!!
Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. I am delighted to know that your stay was pleasent and the cuisine was good. I have shared your feedback with my team.
Its only with feedback from our guests that keeps us motivated, we really appreciate this guesture, and look forward to welcoming you again at the Beverly.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

It was my short stay here. I stayed oneday only during my travel back to Dubai. I stayed in the same hotel.couple of times before The rooms are not big but clean and neat. The bathroom and facilities are to the expectation. Service is quick and prompt.

The resturant downstairs is average and bar is not quite. The hotel is situated near EGA theatre and near to Central and Egmore railway stations. It is bit faraway from airport.

TV certainly need to be upgraded. Overall nice and short stay.

Room Tip: 1. Bit far from Airport 2. Down stairs restaurant is not appealing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded September 19, 2012

Greetings from Beverly!!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your experiences at the Beverly.
I am indeed pleased to note that you found our room and services to your satisfaction,
regarding the Restaurant and the Bar we would take necessary measures to ensure that we delight our guests with our prouucts and serrvices. We like to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading our facilities. I have shared your feedback with my team and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel was booked because I have been staying here regularly earlier. Thanks to the General Manager on hearing me when I complained about the poor services rendered. I hope he took some action against the erring personnel. Hints: You are not entitled for a SteamIron Box if you stay in a Standard Room but must pay Rs 25 for ironing a shirt!!! A rip off and if you ask, you will be curtly refused. Pacifica Restaurant - If you dont mind to spend atleast an hour for your coffee -and another hour for the Sugar Free if you ask - it is your choice. World stands still here in the restaurant and the service is tooooo slow and food is average.
Eventhough the GM was apologetic, I am not sure I will return back to this hotel. Staying for a week and spending almost 25K I felt there was no value for money

Room Tip: All rooms are tiny and hence cannot really say
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded November 1, 2012

Greetings from Beverly!!

Many thanks for sharing your valuable feedback at Tripadvisor. We regret that we were unable to meet your expectations.
We have made a note of all your observations and have shared it with my team, while I do not want to give any reason for our shortcomings we would be most priviledged to have you back.

Best wishes

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Room was simple but adequate, stayed there comfortably for 2 weeks. The only downside was the standard rooms are not equipped with free internet , and wifi cards have to be purchased everyday from the reception counter. There is however free internet at the office at the basement. Breakfast buffet is provided for free. Not much of choice but was good enough.

The best thing about this hotel is the professionalism that the hotel staffs displayed. They were courteous and helpful throughout my stay at the hotel. I was really impressed. It really made a big difference to my 2 week stay in chennai and i would definitely recommend this hotel.

Location is OK. Not too faraway from the city. quiet neighbourhood away from mainroad. There is an auto rickshaw station nearby so it is really convenient to travel around.

Room Tip: Try negotiate for free wifi if staying for long period. staffs are accomodative...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank kiriath
Management response:Responded November 2, 2012

Greetings from Beverly!!

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback at Tripadvisor. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and have enjoyed the Beverly hospitality with true professionalism. I have shared your feedback with my team members, its only with feedback from our guests that keeps us motivated, we realy appreciate this guesture and look forward to your next visit at Beverly.

Best wishes.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

In comparison to others I have now stayed at, this place comes out way ahead. Toilet paper, bathroom supplies, bath tubs in some rooms, Internet, room service, good restaurant, business centre, smart attentive staff.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank im44
Management response:Responded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Beverly!!

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your experiences at Beverly on Tripadvisor, we are most priviledged to have you with us and happy to note that you enjoyed the hospitality.
We look forward to have you with us on all your visits.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

If you are looking for a local hotel with all the amenities, this is the one. We will come back here next time. Friendly staff, great buffet, very clean rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Beverly!!

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the cuisine, I have shared your valuable feedback with my team.
Its only feedback from our guests that keeps motivating us and we sincerely appreciate this guesture. We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed October 9, 2011

at a price of less than 4000, this is a small but decent property at chennai. about 1 hour from airport, this is a hotel offering decent food, not too large but clean rooms. except the absence of hot water, more or less everything was fine. the banquet facilities are small. the lobby is well made and staff is reasonably courteous.

Room Tip: they have 3 categories and the suite was very nice
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business