“Worst Hotel”

Hotel Goutham Manor
Hotel Goutham Manor
Ranked #192 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
New Delhi, India
“Worst Hotel”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had booked this hotel as this was the nearest hotel to our office and secondly it was the only hotel suggested by our travel department. However, I would never recommend the hotel to anyone. I had booked my room seven days prior to my visit but when I reached the Hotel at night as my flight was late I was given a single-bed room instead of a double-bed room and charged for double-bed. When I complained they told that they will change it in the morning as all rooms were booked. Anyhow in the morning they changed it. The breakfast as it was complementary did not have north indian food and food quality was very poor. Everything from the Reception area to the Lift and Rooms was not in good condition. The Hotel was in prime location but still less customers were there. During checkout they nearly harassed me for payment as they did not have credit card payment option available and needed cash. I had a morning flight and no staff was present to accept the arrears at reception in th morning. There was no Gym,Spa available. Rooms were too dirty especially the mattresses and cushions.

Room Tip: Please never book a room facing the main road as there is lot of noice.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
chennai
Reviewed October 27, 2012

i was stayed in this hotel more then ten days during my posting from Bangalore to Chennai the experience i have got in this hotel never feel in other property,being the employee in software company i used to travel many more places but here in this place i have got different experience the rooms were clean well decorate n spacious n service from each n every department was good now n then response,its being in home,food they serve was good quality restaurant is on first floor which have much more space n well maintained and rates are also quite less then other hotels morning breakfast was also good spread , staff were as good as they are they give make comfortable stay i will defiantly recommend this property for peoples who coming to Chennai from different parts .

Room Tip: road facing rooms will give the busy view of Chennai mahatma Gandhi road
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I went to chennai for my visa at the US embasy acrose this hotel. The hotel is a business class hotel and i was impressed with the laige reception area with green glass chan dalier, oil paintings and stained glass panels giving a class to the lobby area. The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. The rooms though not very large were impeccably clean. Morning breakfast was served hot and though the spread was average the quality of food was excellent, in short it was worth in full for the money spent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pavimpa
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I went for visa stamping with my husband.We had to carry our luggage to room which was at 3rd floor as lift was not working. No assistance from hotel staff. Room was stinking and Bed sheet was full of smoke smell. Couldn’t sleep properly .Even Room service was very poor. We ordered for drinking water at night, which we got next day after noon. Break Fast was also not so good. Only good part was it is close Embassy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank smita82

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed in this hotel on the only day I was in Chennai. It was the occasion of my VISA stamping and I found the place convenient for the purpose, as the hotel is very close to the US embassy. The locality was quite posh with shopping centres, 5 Star Hotels, Financial Center being quite near by. Commutation to and fro is convenient. The room service was good, but the price was very high and rooms were quite small though clean. Food was average in terms of taste and value. The place is ok for short stays.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Dec 2010

Stayed at this place for visa stamping of one of my family member. It is pretty close to US embassy office, around 10 min ride in auto. If you are travelling for similar reason this is the place.

It is little costly if compared to facilities and is so so in ambience, BUT is close to US embassy office. We felt food as average however room service was prompt.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We have stayed at many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs. Price-wise Goutham Manor is on par with these better-class hotels. Yet, in ten years from now, I’m sure we will still fondly remember the vacation we had there.

The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home. In the afternoon, the staff would bring out snacks and coffee for guests.

Even my family, who did not stay in the hotel, was received with open arms and exceptionally generously when they came to visit. The owner even offered us to invite them all (ten people) to the hotel Banquet hall for the celebration of my father’s birthday. For the occasion they had prepared home-baked cake, snacks and a fantastically thoughtful gift.

This said, there is nothing wrong with the facilities. The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and the distance to the beach is limited. It’s a relaxing and quiet place – one where you really don’t mind spending an afternoon or two with a good book.

And as many people have written before. Goutham Manor is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family