“Horrible stay”
Review of Hotel Mount Heera

Hotel Mount Heera
Ranked #184 of 418 Chennai (Madras) B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This December 12 i booked 3 nights on CP plan with this hotel.When i arrived in this hotel in Chennai after 16 hours of traveling by bus instead of checking in a tired guest the Front office staff wanted to know when i am leaving i told them after 3 nights but they wanted me to tell them how i wanted to go to which i replied i need some sleep & afterwards i will tell them whatever they want.They were more interested in my check out than my check in.The room was Ok but bathroom was pathetic.They had a TV which showed only Tamil channels so i rang & requested for a English or Hindi Channel which even on 3rd day i never got.Since i am a Indian i atleast expected from them to put a Hindi Channels as all travellers from other states or countries do not speak Tamil.So overall i would recomend you'll not to stay in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this place they only cater to Tamils.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SAVIO506

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was booked by the employer who was supposed to ensure we have a good night sleep before arriving to Madurai. I have no idea what was the price but I know it was the worst impression I could get from India- unclean room and bathroom, no towels, hot water or toilet paper. There was a breakfast included but there was nothing served- I had to beg 2,3 gys for a cup of coffee.Don`t go there unless you have to.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank veselinaganeva
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Despite 4 emails the transfer I had ordered did not turn up at the airport. No apology given. Room very basic but clean enough and had a/c. Not that close to airport and area not great. Breakfast OK if you like curry. Not somewhere I would choose to stay again.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank pallidada
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My friend had come from the US and wanted to stay at a hotel near the airport. I was wrong in choosing this one for my friend even after I've heard about their poorly maintained rooms and soulless staffs who care a damn about their guests. The room was stinking, the air conditioner was leaking water with a foul smell, the toilets were dirtier than a public toilet. We complained to the manager who was very lethargic in the way he answered. We were not given a room till next evening. Finally we vacated the room. Useless hotel. Don't ever go to this place.

Room Tip: Please avoid this hotel. They say there were many suicides incidents in this hotel. Beware of Ghosts...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank indianesj
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Mount Heera for one night as I was catching an early morning flight to Kuala Lumpur. To be very honest, I would not stay there again. The room was too expensive for what it was worth: it wasn't particularly clean and lacked good furniture. I did not want to enter the bathroom (which was not too clean either) and I did not walk barefoot in the room. Upon arrival the sheets and towels were not clean and I had to ask for a change. The worst part was that I could not sleep all night because of the noisy air conditioner.

Room service was terrible- it took them one hour and repeated calls to get a plate of french fries and tea.

The food at the restaurant was decent, though I thought the restaurant staff could have been more friendly.

The reception staff were generally okay. The only plus point of this hotel was that it was close to the airport and there was free airport transfer. Not recommended unless there are no other options.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel seems to have had a renovation in terms of the room interiors and they are very comfortable and neat. See the pics attached. Don't go by the lobby and other factors.

I was very skeptical after reading the fellow TripAdvisor reviews and hesitated choosing this, but I needed a place close to the airport. i walked down here first, checked the rooms out and then checked myself in. Didn't pay until then.

The hotel is decent (I'm female and I was traveling alone), the rooms are neat, the bathroom is neat and spacious, and it seemed well within the pocket for 2K.

The hotel has a small convenience store for all your forgotten toiletries.

All in all, I'm going back next week to this hotel and would prefer this hands down, if I need a place close to the airport or for southern Chennai trips.

A small disappointment: the breakfast was not worth it. It was cold and the juice served was tang/rasna and not actual juice.
Also, the doors are quite thin and you can be prone to disturbance, with people walking outside.

a plus point - 24hours stay, from the time of check-in

Room Tip: choose standard room, it is a little small but perfect for a single traveler. also, they charge the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank vdivvu
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel totally useless the staff makes excuses if you request sonething . I had to stay for a night there and the room they allotted to me was pathetic . Bathroom washbasin was blockd so watevr u do water clogs up n basin becums full of mess . There was no handle in the bathroom door instead 3 inch diameter big whole . This made me to request them for a new room but thet said wait for an hour and jusy escused me and sidnt changed my room . that g Due to tirupati darshan i missed my dinner but i asked for teo water bottles .. Amd uts costsd 72 rs .

• Stayed: June 2012