“Good Hospitality”
Review of GreenPark Chennai

GreenPark Chennai
Ranked #23 of 437 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed June 30, 2013

One of my favorite hotel when ever I visit Chennai wonderful rooms, comfortable stay. Staff very helpful, cooperative. Once Upon A time" & Tulip A very large spread of breakfast and buffet lunch very good and food taste awesome . Green Park's courteous & efficient Staffs Especially banquet staff & service people were all well mannered and very well trained team always take care of you with a smile. Keep it up.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Greenparkchennai, General Manager at GreenPark Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear guest

We wish to sincerely thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to the Green Park Chennai.

Sudip Sengupta

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My favourite hotel in Chennai, Great hospitality, Excellent service, wonderful rooms, comfortable stay and very good food! I think it is one of the best hotels I have visited. It would be best for business trips , families or couples would also equally enjoy their stay here.Tariff is very reasonable.

"Once Upon A time" & Tulip
A very large spread of breakfast and buffey lunch & dinner,... "Once Upon A time"
Escape & Mustang
Well Maintainded Pub with a pool tabel to become sportive....
The Gym
Highlly equipped Gym with a beautifull swimming pool on the First Floor...
The Club
World class Bussiness center with Club Lounge...
The Orchid
Excellent SPA service that would make one feel himself in Heaven.

Green Park
Courteous & Efficient Staffs(Rather you call them Friends)

Room Tip: Any Room is Good Would Suggest any one to go for the club package
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Amazing is the word that comes in my mind when I get to hear Green Park. Had been there 3 - 4 times in the last couple of months and I thoroughly enjoy the place, ambiance, staff courtesy and service.

Mustang has a wonderful ambiance and Tulip restaurant has tasty food.

Another wonderful aspect of Green park i admired a lot is the mid night buffet they offer on Friday till Sunday.

Overall I will say it is a must visit place and one will say it is always value for money.

Thanks Green park and its staffs...

Room Tip: I did not avail room

Reviewed June 28, 2013

One of my favorite places when ever I visit Chennai. Excellent team who take care of you with a smile and go the extra mile to fulfill your desires. the restaurants, coffee shop, Pub and the bar are very well equipped and i always feel at home when in Green Park. Keep it up guys.

Dear guest

Thank you for your generous comments. We are grateful to you for the time and effort you have taken to give your feedback. This accolade has been conveyed to the staff and we thank you for your generous words.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hotel Green park is nothing but value for Money.
One of the best hotels in Vadapalani (Chennai)
the quality of food is excellent and staff are very friendly.
Close to newly opened Forum Mall
In My view this hotel will exceed your expectation in all aspects

1  Thank AravindhB

Reviewed June 20, 2013

There are other hotels in Chennai with more pretence of grandeur and luxury, but none that I have come across with the same friendly courtesy that makes me feel so much at home. The staff are just great, and the rooms and facilities are comfortable and spacious without being unduly fussy or ostentatious. The beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms are clean - and the showers are first rate. The room service is pretty much flawless, the food is delicious - what more could you want?

A good hotel bar, I hear you say. Here there is a choice of good bars; my personal favourite is the Escape bar, reputed to be the best place for a really good game of pool anywhere in town.

Green Park is my first choice always in Chennai.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I travelled to Chennai with my wife and son for a wedding in June. We were looking for a hotel close to the wedding venue and settled on Green Park based on trip advisor reviews.
The hotel exceeded our expectations in every aspect. The only downside is accessibility - it is situated on a busy road and is easily accessible from one side. If you are on the other side of the road, however, you have two options - go quite a way and take a U turn or take some narrow roads to get to the correct side of the road.
We had lunch at the restaurant with some friends. The food is delicious and the price is great. The liquor prices are probably the best I have seen anywhere. I was drinking single malt all afternoon at 300/- a large!!!
The rooms are spacious and clean. Room service is quick and efficient. Breakfast in the business lounge provides a vast spread of both Indian and Continental fare. The pool is adequately sized and has super clean water - no smell of chlorine. All in all, an excellent hotel. We are definitely coming back again.
What they need to improve is the quality of their check in and check out process. Check in consisted of checking the ID of myself and my wife (This is the first time I have been asked for the ID of my wife - I was wondering what they would have done if I was travelling with someone other than my wife :) ). Another strange thing : The person at the counter took our IDs, photocopied them and then took an inordinately long time to return them. He left them in the scanner and my wife specifically asked for them, but he still seemed hesitant to give them back.
Also, they took pictures of both me and my wife. So now they have my credit card, a copy of my drivers licence and my photograph. I am not at all comfortable with this. :(
Check out was strange too. There are three or four counters at the front desk and there were at least six people behind the counter, but they made me wait for 10 mins before checking me out. Apparently, only one of the people at the front desk knew how to operate the card machine. Even the person who helped me held a lengthy conversation with one of his colleagues about a room service bill that had not been paid - this was in the middle of helping me and I just stood around waiting for an additional 5 or 6 minutes.
I am giving this hotel 5 stars in spite of this because my overall stay in the hotel was excellent. The check out process was not bad - it just took around 20 minutes and I found it strange. that a hotel that does everything else right has so much of a problem with such a simple thing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest

Thank you for your generous comments. We are grateful to you for the time and effort you have taken to give your feedback. I have noted your observations on the checking in and out process, and am truly sorry about the inconvenience. The team takes feedback very seriously and corrective measures have been put in place.