“Nice hotel -slightly pricey”
Review of GreenPark Chennai

GreenPark Chennai
Ranked #19 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed here to attend a conference in the same hotel.

I liked it the moment I entered it. I had earlier stayed in their Vizag hotel and that was lovely, I was having similar expectations from this one. I got a similar experience.

The check in was breezy quick. People around wanting and waiting to help you. The room was well laid out. It was largish, well lit, and fresh. When the bell boy said - everything in the room is complementary - its like music to your ears.

The wash room is well supplied with basic needs - toothbrush, shaving kit, et al. Clean white napkins and towels, seperated shower area - all makes you feel good.

You have a safe, internet, refrigerator, tea kettle in the room, even a radio clock with alarm - nothing more to ask for. Bed was comfortable but as usual working of light switches in all hotels is always a mystery!

The breakfast has a good spread and the juices in the bottles - especially the coconut water is nice. The options are elaborate hence it does appeal to all tastes.One can start his day well.

I had a collegue with me and we decided to try out the pool side barbeque restaurant with a buffet dinner. The choice and taste was amazing. Though I am vegeterian , my friend went ga-ga over the fish and other non-veg dishes. The setting is not very romantic (I did not need it this time though) but the food was awesome. The service is also very nice - eager and caring. In fact, we decided to go to the same place the next day too.

The conference venue was also large enough and we had no problems with function.

I understand that the pub in the basement is quite busy during weekends with some "stars" also lending presence - hearsay, not confirmed!

Overall ,Green Park Chennai is a hotel I would stay again and if the price comes with a better discount - my smile will widen!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had been quite happy with our stay at this hotel. However, one day when my mother was feeling ill and staying in bed they decided to test their stereo system for a guest party for around 5 hours, partly in the afternoon and partly in the evening. The music was so loud that even on the 5th floor with double glazing we not only heard it but the floor was vibrating. My mum was really suffering since she already had a migraine but it took intense negotiations with the smug and unpleasant manager for about an hour for them to agree to even turn the music down. Customer centred these people are NOT.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Nadine and Jean-Maurice Bloch
Excellent welcome, friendly and efficient management, helpful and skilled staff. Spacious rooms. Pleasant open-air terrace near the pool for nice barbecue buffet in the evening. Excellent food (veg and non-veg) and attentive service, A second.restaurant in the hotel, with good food. Only disadvantage, it's freezing cold. But there is another.cafeteria-restaurant in the hall, for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a good buffet which is quite pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We are regular clients of Green Park Chennai. Most of our conferences are held at this hotel. Everytime they exceed our expectation in terms of service and overall experience that they provide. Our last conference was held during the second week of this month. Everything from the Ambience of the venue to the food and the service was world class. They went to the extent of changing even their carpet to suit our needs. In the past, once there was a confusion regarding the conference date. when we landed up at the hotel, no room was booked. However, the team there made immediate arrangements and the place was up and ready by the time our delegates arrived. This is customer service at its best.

I have stayed at Green Park Vizag couple of times. The rooms are vary well kept and the service is very prompt.

I will recommend this hotel to individuals and companies who are looking for best experience at reasonable price.

Regards

1  Thank Janardhanan N
Reviewed December 21, 2011

A lovely place and beautiful ambience!! The rooms are spacious and well designed. However, on a downside, the location of the hotel is a little disappointing. It is not easy to locate the hotel from the main road and is easy to miss. But once inside, it is very good. The staff are welcoming and efficient. The restaurant is good and have a good spread for breakfast and dinner. The business centre was comfortable and decent. In all, a recommended place to stay, but good luck finding it if you are by yourself and your taxi driver doesnt know the place:)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I booked a room for 3 nights with Greenpark and requested for a Queen size bed in a non smoking floor . When I landed there they refused to offer the same request and such callous attitude that the staff asked me to be seated . I was in terrible anger after a long day and flight . it took them my own effort and 30 minutes to respond. the staff claimed that they had upgraded me and I know not what it meant since the room was a standard one . the room still had a strong smoke odor .
I was hoping that the Manager would come to apologise for the same.. But some people remain in blissful states always,
When I come to check out and request for a late checkout the staff would not even speak to me without swiping may card.
It is huge place with lots of rooms and no one cares for you...

Room Tip: Better not to choose this place
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Every minute of my stay was as pleasant at the Green Park

Room Tip: I feel all the rooms a good.