“Home-away-from-home”

and 1 more site!
Star City Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #210 of 414 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Starcity Serviced Apartments at Bazullah Road was just the kind of place we were looking for a long stay at Chennai last July/August. The apartments are in the heart of the city with almost all facilities a short drive away. The apartment we stayed in was clean, very very spacious and well maintained. The staff were courteous and ever-helpful. The management and owner Mr. Muruga Bharti are approachable, take all recommendations very seriously and ensure implementation. The place was a home away from home for my family of four. I would recommend the place to NRI families looking for clean, affordable and convenient place for stay at Chennai.

Farook & Family

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Star City Serviced Apartments is a well-run business, clean, comfortable and reasonably economical. Compared to many luxury hotels in Chennai , you get twice the living room space for almost half the price. The service is excellent. For NRIs coming from abroad and want a family like atmosphere, I will strongly recommend this place, Understand it is a no frills decent looking palce, but adequate and comfortable for family style accommodation. For those who like Chinese food the best restaurant in town is in the main lobby. For vegetarians Grand Sweets is next door. . I have stayed here at the T Nagar Bazulla Road facility many times and plan to do so as well in the future. I would easily rate this is the best bang for the buck for a short stay in Chennai.
Pat

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank YummyTraveler2012
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've never reviewed a property before, but had two wonderful experiences at Star City so I had to write. We stayed in the Nungambakkam location on our first trip--myself, husband and daughter. The entire staff was accomodating--from the owners, the Bhartis, who are never too busy to speak with guests and help out even when they are managing multiple properties--to the staff at our property, who went out of their way to assist us with any need. My husband uses a wheelchair, and they made every effort to make sure the property met his accessibility needs BEFORE we even arrived from the US! They communicated with us regularly, took measurements for us, and made sure that my husband could access the property without trouble.

After we arrived, the owners as well as the staff at the Nungambakkam property were incredibly kind and helpful with minor requests to make the apartment more comfortable for all of us, even to the point of Bhuvana taking the time to provide larger drinking cups (because we were used to having big mugs of coffee in the morning)! On our first morning we didn't have any food yet, so the staff went to a nearby hotel and brought us breakfast and coffee within minutes. We were so impressed with their care for their guests and attention to detail.

We then stayed at the TNagar location on our next trip, and had my father stay at Bazullah Road, as well as my sister's family of 4 on their first trip to India ever. All of them considered this the perfect place for either a semi-long (eg, 2 week) or long-term (eg, 1-2 month) stay. But we also saw many families take advantage of it during weekend visits to Chennai, so short-term stays are comfortable as well.

All properties are VERY well kept--this is key because sometimes the images on the website are not what you find when you arrive. They are well furnished (the owners have great taste!) and have all the needs for family to live comfortably. They also very secure and safe, and the way the buildings are set, children can play comfortably and safely on the grounds.

Most of all, though I can't emphasize enough how the staff from the owners to the housekeepers have such a sense of integrity about their work. I'm very fussy and our house was always spotlessly clean, and I never worried about our belongings. The locations are also amazing. I loved the Nungambakkam property the most because it was walking distance to a few western hotels, in case I was craving a club sandwich or something from home; and it was also close to a shopping mall and a coffee shop. But the T.Nagar and Bazullah Road locations are also very centrally located, even closer to one of Chennai's main shopping areas.

This is definitely the most comfortable, reasonably-priced, convenient place for anyone to stay in Chennai. We much prefer it to the hotels, because it's cheaper and you get more for your money--more room, more autonomy and freedom to cook and eat when you want, and just as good quality service.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank sabine713
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at the Star city property on Bazullah Road three days, and was very satisfied with the experience.

The rooms were spacious, well-appointed and well maintained. The staff were friendly and courteous. Linen was spotless.

Good location, clean surroundings, and transport was easy.

Overall a good experience, I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Chennai.

Radhakrishnan

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank madhaf1n
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had to find an accommodation for my wedding and the biggest problem that we had was to accommodate inter-state guests and take care of their catering. Star City @ T.Nagar was an ideal choice due to its location and the facilities that it offered. The serviced apartments are located at roughly the same distance from the International Airport and the Chennai Central Railway Central.

All rooms were booked out for 4 days and the kitchen was used exclusively to cater to our guest. The Kitchen was well equipped and kept clean. All the rooms were maintained well and very clean. The air-conditioning in all the rooms was good and the staff attended to the guests needs with care and attention promptly.

The halls on the 1st floor were used for various functions during the course of the wedding and the ground floor was used to service breakfast and tea.

Close proximity of shops was another plus as the guests could spend their spare time indulging in some quality shopping without the need for public transport.

All in all a big thumbs up to the establishment and the owner.

Hitesh

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank HYThakkar
starcity1, Owner at Star City Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Guest thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Do continue to support us by staying with us when ever you come to chennai.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was my first time that I stayed at star city apartments. The location is great as it is very close to the business district. The rooms are very clean and air-conditioned. Thats very impt esp in May and June in India. The apartment had a fridge & place to make proper food (& not the type for instant noodles only). The staff at the apartments are very friendly and helpful. I dont know tamil so it was impt to have someone who will explain it to you in English. Also, there is a good Chinese restaurant which was very good too. Suggest you give it a try. I would highly recommend this place to other travellers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank SaumilParikh
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed at Bazullah Road more than ( 6 times in the last 6 years ) for bussiness & holidays

The apartment was wonderful, very spacious, Great ambience, very peaceful and
especially very clean, very spacious with good air-conditioning, TV, etc,

The double room given to me had a nice big double bed it was perfect with a nice couch and
a center table. What I loved was how the room was very spacious and the bathroom clean also
the rooms were very clean and well maintained.

Another good thing about staying at bazullah road that caught my attention was the
Mainland China restaurant is on the ground floor for chinese food lovers, and lots of other eateries around for your comfort like BBQ Nation ....etc
for vegetrialan lover " THE GRAND snack and sweets beside the hotel and
Hertiage fresh super market within 300 Meters.

I would highly recommend Staying at Starcity, Whether it is by yourself or with friends or family
couples or even business as it is very quiet and peaceful and most of all what people want
is a very clean room to stay in with a lovely ambience. I loved my stay and I want to thank
Mr. Muruga Bharti for extending the same courtesy for my stay here again. I will definetely
be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shahayusuf

Dear Mr.Yousuf , Thank you for supporting us for 6 long years. We will strive to provide better service for the years to come.