Star City Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$209
$140
Hotels.com
$179
$172
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$92
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
$52
$43
$82
$63
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$150
$66
Taj Hotels
$86
$58
Agoda.com
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$52
Agoda.com
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$88
$59
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$132
$128
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I and my group of about 20 university students have stayed at one of the Star City T. Nagar locations each time we have visited Chennai from Perth in Western Australia ( 4 times in the last 5 years) and highly recommend it as an accommodation option for group travel. We usually stay for 5 weeks and take 5-7 apartments for our group - giving us a large room and bathroom for each individual person, with shared kitchen and living space. The rooms are huge, which allows us to use them as working spaces. The bathrooms are large and clean and the water pressure and hot water have always worked perfectly. The students are always astounded by the quality and size of the accommodation for the price they have paid. However, even though Star City ticks all of our boxes on location, affordability, spaciousness, cleanliness, security etc, above all, we return for the friendliness and helpfulness of all of the staff from the domestics through the management and even the owners themselves. This is the most valuable thing for us, as star city provide us not just with clean and comfortable living and working spaces, but also all the help and advice we need to move, connect and understand Chennai. Star city help us by arranging taxis, house cars and buses; they advise and assist with venue hire, office equipment, shopping and eating; they act as local sponsors and facilitate paperwork for permit applications, telecommunications, courier and even visa arrangements. In addition to this, my family comes to stay with us for two weeks during the stay and the apartment accommodation works perfectly for them also. We will stay there as long as we keep going to Chennai!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Romesh G
starcity1, Owner at Star City Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Mr.Romesh,
Thank you very much for supporting Star City every year for the last four years. We will strive to do our best to make sure that your guests are comfortable.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at the Star City serviced apartment a month back. The service and standard of the rooms were higher than expected for the price I had paid. It was certainly great value for money! The location of the hotel is really good and close to the main shopping center of Chennai. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Chennai and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Ashwin005
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Staying here since August 15, Independence Day as my earlier room at their Nungambakkam location ran full and I couldn't extend the stay there. The hotel folks were kind enough to move me to their main flagship hotel here in T Nagar at a special rate which is anyway much cheaper than the others around!

This apartment hotel is lovely - it has a welcoming sophisticated lobby and the apartments here are more refined and luxurious than what I have seen elsewhere in Chennai. All the amenities we requested have been provided for. The housekeeping is spot-on and the service staff are very friendly.

They also have the Mainland China Restaurant chain right inside the hotel itself - this is a premier Chinese restaurant which I miss in Pondy so its great to find it here. Its available for ala-carte, buffet and room service too. My dad loved the lunch buffet.

My stay here is until the 21st and I hope its good as its been so far! good value!

Room Tip: they seem to have 3 categories of apartments - try the larger ones - they are very, very spacious
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Natasholic
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is my first review on Trip Advisor so I will try to be quick, brief and concise. Was repeatedly (albeit gently) coaxed by their resident manager if I could do this review as they seem to value it a lot so thought why not then?

Loving the place - staying here for almost a week now. SUPERB LOCATION!! Great lobby, good people who smile at you always and no fuss service. Stayed at a lousy hotel at Egmore in my last visit so compared to that this one is quite nice and cheap. Big clean rooms, a TV that works and hot water in my bathroom. Tried their room service just once though - yet to eat at their fancy looking restaurant..maybe I will try it tomorrow. Over all, fits my bill ! recommended!

Room Tip: Their front office can at times be busy and housekeeping has specific timings
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bangore
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed for 4 Nights. Checked out today. Nice serviced apartments in Chennai with hotel like luxury and ambiance. Bang in the heart of the city. Had originally wanted to stay at one of their other locations in Nungambakkam as that's closer to the US Consulate but then came here as it was running full. This is more in the shopping district so thats a plus - take a walk or hire a cab and you'll find a multitude of shops and huge stores.

The service levels were unobtrusive and rather good considering its a serviced apartment. As I had booked under a corporate plan, received a generous discount too. Just had dinner once at the Chinese Asian Restaurant inside - it was good, not very expensive with a large spread.
Needed help with transportation for a visit outside the city and it was arranged within an hour.

Over all, nice place to stay when in Chennai.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business