“Amazing Ambiance ”
Review of Bombay Brasserie

Bombay Brasserie
Reserve a Table
eazydiner
Ranked #40 of 7,111 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

We dined with a large group and everyone ordered individually but the food was served family style. Not a huge deal but I’m pescatarian so my entree choice was quickly shared with everyone so I had limited choices to eat. The food was amazingly delicious. The adequate parking was a great surprise!

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

First visit - 2016

My friends and I loved everything about this place. The food here is excellent. Everything we ordered from, soup to the desserts, tasted so good. I would definitely go back to try more dishes.

Second visit - March, 2019

Adulterated food—After a wonderful dining experience and loving every dish that came to the table, a couple of years back, I decided to take my mom for her birthday to Bombay Brasserie.
I don’t know what’s with restaurants that find a place initially and after they become popular they go The easy way of earning money and are lethargic about customer experience. Worst is adulteration!

Starters

1. Calcutta fish fry—We first ordered the Calcutta fish fry, which was basically crumb fried fish and chips and comes with two dips. This tasted really good but was a bit oily.

2. Mutton seekh m—The next dish was the mutton seekh kebab. The kebab comes on a bed of naan, beaten yogurt and picked onions. The kebab was unusually spicy and red oil was oozing out of it. The process of tandoor actually makes your meat dry so I don’t know how this was prepared.

Main course

3. Mutton dum biriyani— For main course we ordered the mutton biriyani that comes with raitha. The biryani was nice but the raitha was sour. After we complained they made raitha with the fresh curd.
4. Salli chicken curry—The chicken curry with the first bite was oily not buttery, and spicy. It had a weird sharp taste. A Parsi curry this comes with fried potato straws. However this wasn’t inviting after the first bite at all. And spoilt the taste buds.

Dessert
5. Amritsari Kulfa—kulfi with Rose syrup and ride vermicelli. Tastes good as a package.

6. Ras - e- Aam—Roshogulla with mango syrup and Rabri. It’s an acquired taste. Some like it and some find it too sweet.

7. Kaala katta — was nice. Comes in a glass with shaved ice stick.

The menu is a mess. You don’t have starters and main courses defined. The waiters were of no help. The waiters or people taking your orders had no idea about the menu and didn’t know items that they should recommend depending on the customer’s taste and likes. Even if you describe what you wanted clearly, they were of no help.

The bill was a whopping Rs 2900 but there was no satisfaction of a happy meal. Instead we had bloated stomachs and kept drinking water till the next morning. There is definitely adulteration of some kind at this place.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

I went to restaurant with my family for dinner. The ambience was excellent and service was also good. We asked for their recommendation for veg and non veg starters and ordered them.
They have huge variety of dishes which belong from north to south of India. Their menu is confusing and is a book and did not know which one to choose.
We order 3 veg starters and a non veg starters. All veg starters were paneer dishes and a chicken tandoori preparation for non veg.

For main course we ordered veg and mutton biriyani.

The paneer starters were yummy soft and flavourful. I would really recommend them. Non veg starters and mutton biriyani were average and not that good compared to what was advertised.
Also the prices were high. I would recommend this for veg dishes but non veg dishes are not worth it.
So if you are looking for some fine dining experience once in a while it is worth checking it out.

Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

My clients took me to this place, it’s a favorite of theirs. I wasn’t disappointed the vegetarian options were plentiful and very tasty. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff attentive. Not sure about the price as my client picked up the bill.

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

They serve very delicious food of local & western combine. Variable choice to make your diet go bust. Splendid taste of Indian herbs & spices. Good waiters to serve around. If you are Planning to try something different I suggest this is a good place. Wish I go again on next trip.

Date of visit: December 2018