“Need to improve a lot in house keeping...”

Pride Hotel Chennai
Ranked #105 of 394 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Need to improve a lot in house keeping...”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

1. They dont clean the room before 5 PM. After returning from work, always found the room not cleaned and had to call them for doing so.
2. Mini Bar was empty when checked in, had to call them to ask for Mini Bar items.
3. Rooms are very dull and not value for money. Everyday they promised to upgrade me for better room but were conveniently silent on doing so.
4. Room service is OK.
5. Breakfast is good.

Will not stay at this hotel again just because of house keeping service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tapojit C
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest.
Greetings from the Pride Hotel Chennai….!!!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We regret the inconvenience caused to you and sincerely apologies for not being able to stand up to our commitment of service. We have taken note of your comments and are investigating the same on priority.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you.
Regards.
Samir Kumar Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

2. Good location
3. Good view, esp from the roof top restaurant
4. Good prices as well

Feedback for improvement:
1. The room was extremely dull, eve after lighting up all the lights. The architect/ designer needs to work on this.
2. The dinner buffet at the ground floor restaurant was extremely poor for vegetarian like me. The dishes were over and the staff was panicky in attending to the requests of re-filling.
3. Understaffed in both restaurants - Ground floor and roof top Dhaba.
4. No provision for toiletries... lucky, I carry my stuff every time.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty small and have blocked views. So any room should be ok.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest.

Regards.
Delhi
Reviewed September 9, 2013

On my first trip to Chennai, I was initially very skeptical of where to stay and I was apprehensive of staying in this Hotel Pride also but the moment I checked in, all my apprehensions were busted. The staff is extremely humble and helping. The reception staff is very helping; Niharika was extremely helpful in guiding me to nearby places. They are so accommodating that they changed my room immediately on my discomfort. The food was very tasty and they were happy to customize it according to my taste also. The housekeeping staff was very genuine. Nidhi, took very well care of me and managed my room well keeping in view my timings. The rooms are extremely spacious and well lit. The location of the hotel is centrally located and well connected. This was my second trip to Chennai and now I know whenever I have to go to Chennai where I have to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Greetings from the Pride Hotel Chennai….!!!

I wish to place it on record our sincerest gratitude for sparing your valuable time and sharing your feedback.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

The entire team at The Pride ,Chennai ,would look forward to welcome you back at the hotel during your next visit to the city.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I were attending a family wedding in Chennai and Pride was our last but best choice.Last, cause we were supposed to be staying at a family's house( which thankfully dint work out as planned) and best choice cause we felt like home whilst staying at Pride.

Quality of service, ambience, comfort, food, last minute demands of housekeeping, in-house services etc are excellent. We were always greeted with warm smiles,generous compliments and feedbacks for their service or improvement of any thereof.

Pride was literally a home for us from all the chaos and drama that happened outside of Pride hotel( i mean, its an indian wedding!!! u can imagine). But overall, a big thanks to Pride's hospitality group and the entire staff for their unending and very comforting service from the time we checked in to check out.Special thanks to Nitesh from front desk for providing us with a good room.Keep up the good job and continue to excel in your service.All the best

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on 8th floor for a better view of the city.Make sure you have the breakfast at the caf...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, September 8, 2013

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had been staying at Pride Chennai since last 6 months.
It seems as if Pride Chennai, motive is to make every guest feel pround of being in Pride.
Hospitality here start's from checkin & it continues till the time & after you check out, ( they will be in touch with there customers by call or mails)
Food is awesome.
It's even value for money in Chennai, I had been travelling in South India since 5 years, but Pride Chennai is really ultimate.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but if you happen to be regular at Pride, Hotel staff will always take care of t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Visited Chennai for a training program. The staff was courteous and prompt in lending their services. It is located in Kilpaurk, close to the highway in the deep south. The hotel is of a decent standard and runs a basic but tasty breakfast. Best if staying for less than 3 days.Niharika was helpful and helped me in sorting out issues which i faced during my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel was booked by our travel agent during our stay in Chennai on 2nd August 2013.Check in was quick and extremely friendly staffs.After a tiring journey from KL,this hotel was like heaven to us.Clean bathroom and nice interior.Good food too.
Only setback was the noisy traffic,however this is not a big deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, August 12, 2013