“ROYAL STAY AT ECONOMIC TARRIF.....”

Regenta Central Deccan
Ranked #82 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Udaipur, India
“ROYAL STAY AT ECONOMIC TARRIF.....”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

It was our first stay at chennai on way to Portblair.The taxi took about 45 minutes to reach this hotel.we were thinking what the hotel may be....but when we checked in our room,all our presumptions went wrong.It is very good hotel,with good room view ,good restaurent ,good food,good service at affordable tarrif....

Room Tip: Rooms facing main market view are very good on top floors...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
deccanchennai, Front Office Manager at Regenta Central Deccan, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Deccan Plaza Hotels!!!

It was both our privilege and our pleasure to have you at our Hotel “Deccan Plaza”, during your brief sojourn.

We wish to thank you for graciously posting your comments on Trip advisor, as it is on the basis of your valuable feedback that we can focus on areas that need our immediate attention and progress in our endeavors towards fulfilling Guest expectations.

Thanking you once again and looking forward to welcome you back at Deccan Plaza.

With regards,

John Irudhaya Raj.M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tirupati, India
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed for two days with family. It was very blissful stay. Service what they offered was good.Restaurant ambience and food was good. The Location was good since it was very close to beach. A memorable stay. Sreenivas.

Room Tip: Rooms were very neat. We enjoyed our stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank eliteperson
deccanchennai, Front Office Manager at Regenta Central Deccan, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We thank you for checking-in with us and sharing your experience.

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our services at par with your expectations. We endeavor to offer opulent comfort and utmost luxury to our guests to make their stay distinct. It is a delight for us to know that you thoroughly enjoyed dining and recreational facilities offered by The Deccan Plaza, Chennai.

Your review is a testimony of the discreet services and good facilities on offer at The Deccan Plaza; we thank you once again for the review and await your next visit to Chennai.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Deccan Plaza, Chennai.

Stay well,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I choose this hotel after all the reviews, hotel is in so 3 called 3star cadre, unfortunately to suffice the same they really need to upgrade the services building alone cant justify that. AC is bare min onee would expect in a hot and humid climate rest all comes later. Tried chasing these people till 10:30 in night for a fix or room change guy came and gave some random reason, in the morning checkout guy confirmed AC problem in some rooms. Ideally they should have proactively informed us and give alternatives. Not acceptable at a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
deccanchennai, Front Office Manager at Regenta Central Deccan, responded to this review, June 26, 2014

Greetings from Hotel Deccan Plaza!!!

It was both our privilege and pleasure to have you staying with us during your recent visit to Chennai.

Firstly we accept our sincere apologies for being unable to meet up to your expectations during your stay with us. We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused to you in our services pointed like needs improvement of our (complaints). At the same time I am grateful to you for having pointed out the lapse in our services.

Based on the nature of your feedback, we shall rectify the problems soon and we are confident of delivering the service standard that you are accustomed to. Such feedback from discerning guests like you gives us valuable insight in improving our services and facilities.

We at Hotel Deccan Plaza sincerely look forward to your stay with us. We do hope this highly irregular experience will not deprive us at your continuous patronage.

kolkata
Reviewed June 21, 2014

a simple night stay, bad toilet amenities , room service menu has very little choice. Rough towels. location is excellent , very close to city centre mall, RK salai and sarvana bhavan. one has better F&B choice by walking down the street to sarvana bhavan , wood lands, ponnuswamy, pizza hut and etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Hyderabad
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I booked Hotel Deccan Plaza, Chennai for one night stay with my wife on 16th June 2014 thro Travel Guru. Before sharing a couple of good things about this hotel, let me share first about my bad experience. Though our plan was to stay 2 days in Chennai, I booked only one night so that I can had the experience and then extend the stay for another day. That was my objective. So we checked in midnight of 16/17th June 2014.

On 17th evening I called the reception from our shopping venue in Mambalam, only to inform him that we wish to extend our stay for another day. He first disconnected the call. Later I called again and informed. He just said ok and kept the receiver. after returning in to our room around 9 PM,another staff from reception desk called me and inquired about our stay! I told him that I have already informed about our plans to extend the stay for one more day He started hinting me about a higher tariff plan for the second day. I went down to reception asked them why he didn't informed me about it, in the evening itself when I called and informed the reception about our extension. He had no answer , but later foolishly argued with me saying, how I was sure that I spoke to "him' when there were other 3 staff at the reception counter. I realized, the guy was lying only to avoid responsibility. badly trained or raw hand. I demanded to meet the supervisor, he did not turn up. later to my surprise the supervisor was very much sitting before a system near by the reception counter but watching our altercation but did not intervene.

Finally another staff member intervened and agreed to charge same tariff for second day too.

absolutely un professional childish attitude of the staff including the supervisor!

Air Condition:

This is a major set back in the Hotel. Before booking this hotel I read a review of about bad state of A/C. I thought it must be a temporary setback, so ignored. But to my surprise the AC was low and at midnight we felt suffocation too. I complained about it but no one attended to it. it is dangerous, and my advice is better to avoid this Hotel.

Plus point: The food was really good, particularly the buffet lunch. but my advice is avoid staying here, but come back for lunch though it is bit expensive (Rs 500/- per head)

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank KrishnaBaalu

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two days and one night in June 2014. It was a short but a memorable stay. We found the staff is courteous and attentive. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The highlight of our stay was the buffet vegetarian lunch and the complimentary breakfast. Being hardcore non-vegetarians, we were surprised on how much we liked the vegetarian buffet. Ask for the grilled paneer and potato stuffed with cheese.
The only areas of improvement is faster response and action to room requests. For instance, it took about 45 minutes and two phone calls for the tea to reach our room.
Besides this minor glitch, it was a pleasant stay for us.
Thank you for taking good care of your guests.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

We thank you for checking-in with us and sharing your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Deccan Plaza, Chennai.

Stay well,

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed in this property on 2nd week of June. Though usually prefer Savera or Clarion, had to chose this since my colleague booked it. The Hotel offered a 24 Hr Check-in and Out and that was the only reason to opt this and very near to my office. The positives: Hotel is very close to US Consulate, Offers 24 Hr Check-in. The let downs : It was a shock to me that the Hotel offers only Veg Food, though this cant be a complaint, was a big let down for me. The Hotel have a plaint laid back mood which gives an impression that no much guests are staying here. I was offered a room in the 4th Floor and the Air condition wasn't working. On complaint, I was told to pack my bags and come to the room they allotted, why would I? Later a bell boy was send and the room was replaced with another one in the same floor. The reason could be a repair in the filter and having given a room in the same floor, I was pretty sure that the new room as well could have similar problem and I was right. Multiple visit by the Technician couldn't solve the issue and they were insisting that AC was functioning and claimed that the temperature set was 5 degree, and I was swearing like hell. The receptionist in the first day was not helpful and insisted that I need to be vacating the room exact hours next day. I checked-in at 6.20am and told that will vacate room around 7.30am post have breakfast and the receptionist was not convinced and doesn't seem to be appreciating.
The room service chaps have been extremely helpful.
The rates, absurdly high for the services in offer.
I wouldn't be staying in this hotel anymore, I have better options in Chennai

Room Tip: Check if the Air conditions are functioning before Check in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business