“Good value hotel in Chennai”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #25 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Good value hotel in Chennai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Having arrived off the London flight at 4am I was very pleased to easily find the driver from the hotel and to have an efficient transfer and check-in. I thought the interior of the hotel was elegant and definitely a cut above most that I stay in. The room itself was well appointed and the bathroom, although a little small, was perfectly adequate with a good walk-in shower. On the negative side, I thought that the sheets smelled a bit musty as if they were not fully dry when they were folded away and it is really not good enough to be waiting ten minutes or more for a coffee at breakfast. Overall, I was heading for a three star rating until I checked out and realised what good value this hotel is. For the price I would recommend it but leave plenty of time for breakfast!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Good Afternoon Mr. Torque,

My Team and I would like to Thank you for taking the time and posting yours postive review on The Residency Towers hotel on Trip Advisor.

I had briefed the hotel house keeper and Food and Beverage Manager and we are taking corrective measures.

I thank you for bringings the Issues to My notice.We appreciate yours support and look forward to your reture.

With Warm Regards

Hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great service at the hotel. Excellent location and very convenient for shopping ect. The food is great too. A must visit is the roof top restaurant. Beautiful view in the night great food and can totally unwind after a busy day. What impressed me most was their fabulous service. Here's to Grish and the front office team for the wonderful service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
TOWERSChennai, General Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Ms. Shevanthi,

It was a pleasure having you stay at "The Residency Towers" recently and I thank you for your feedback on your stay.

I am delighted to learn that your stay was comfortable. I have conveyed your compliments to Mr. Girish, at the front desk and he was happy to receive your appreciation.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Fantastic hotel, Nice big comfortable and clean rooms, Room service is nice. Restaurant is classy with elaborate buffet. Swimming pool in middle floor is nice. Situated in a high end central part of city with all places nearby. Pub and restaurant is also nice. Staff is pleasant.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor is nice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

My Team and I are delighted to read your extremely positive review on ‘The Residency Towers’ Hotel on Trip Adviser.

I have conveyed your compliments to my Associates and they are pleased to receive this recognition.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Was there after doing our pilgrimage and was impressed thr moment we stepped in. check in was easy and the 24hrs check in and check out was amazing! Breakfast was superb and the bar was nice. Encountered some room service issue on the first night but negligible as the Jewel of the hotel mr Antony was fast in making sure this gaps is neglogable. Mr Antony not only made our stay memorable but has given us many tips on where to get our moneys worth while shopping in T Nagar. Truly an amazing staff which deserves recognition from the hotel. I hope he has received the envelope which I had passed to the front desk as our token of appreciation. Well done antony and will come back soon!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Mr. Vigneshwaran,

I am delighted to learn that your stay was comfortable. I have conveyed your compliments to Mr. Antony, at the front desk and he was happy to receive your appreciation.

Carmel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Over the course of a month traveling thru Asia, I checked in and out of the Residency Towers 3 times. I had 3 different rooms. At each stay, the same level of professionalism and courtesy was apparent, as was the quality and cleanliness of the rooms. If anyone had offered to "upgrade" me free to another "better" hotel, I would have declined. No hotel could have exceeded the gracious treatment I received at the Residency Towers. Between their 4 great restaurants, the food was always exceptional. But perhaps the best feature were the helpful staff, for whom no request was too small or extraordinary. In particular, Gabriel and Anthony and Nagaraj were like guardian angels, arranging transfers to the airport, sightseeing tours with an English-speaking driver, shipping souvenirs back to the USA, etc. I hope the hotel management recognizes the good will these fine men add to the name of the hotel. Keep The Park, keep Oberoi -- next time I'm in Chennai, I intend to return to Residency Towers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill Q
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Bill Q

I am delighted to learn that your stay was comfortable. I have conveyed your compliments to Mr.Gabriel, Mr. Antony, and Mr. Nagaraj at the front desk and all were happy to receive your appreciation.

Coimbatore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I travel almost 15 to 20 days a month mostly in North India.The longing for Authentic Tamilnadu food makes Residency Towers the best choice.
The ambience,Hospitality and Quality of Food is par excellence.
The Club floor rooms are great and the Lounge at 18 is the best place to spend your evenings.(Need to Mention Tarak and his team.
From Authentic Chettinad to the Chinese Chin Chin all Mouth watering recipes(Cyril from room service knows exactly what we need)
One more great advantage is their 24 hour checkout which helps us plan our stay better.
Overall the staff are very hospitable and well trained.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Mr. M Venkataraman,

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was an official trip, and was given the stay here. And thanks to our admin staff to select this option. Had a good overnight stay here. Rooms were clean, very functional, and everything was up and running. Service was quick, really quick. Break-fast was a wide-wide spread like I have never seen before. Catering to tastes of foreigners and Indians equally.

Would highly recommend for ever a stay in Chennai.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business