“Decent business hotel”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #23 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Paris, France
“Decent business hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent one night at the Residency Tower and it is a decent business hotel. Apparently there are two types of rooms... older & modern. We requested a more modern room and it had all the comforts one expects from a business hotel. The room is decently sized and outside of the bed, has a seating area and desk. The bathroom is modern and comes with all the amenities one needs.

Good value for money when traveling on business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We at ‘The Residency Towers’ truly value your positive feedback posted on Trip Advisor and we do hope you shall give us an opportunity to look after you on your future visits to Chennai.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family and I have made frequent visits to Chennai since last 20 years. However, the recent visit from 5 Jul and 13 Jul 13 would be the most enjoyable and pleasant stay. This is all because we stayed in "The Residency Towers" in Chennai.

Right from the top management to the bell boy, each and everyone in the hotel were so courteous, helpful, approachable, humble and above all, they were always full of smile. Our initial plan was to travel to other parts of India but the comfort, coziness, and the service rendered by the hotel were simply great that we decided to stay in the hotel for the entire trip just relaxing.

All the staff in the hotel were extremely good but there were 3 who out-shined and made our stay great. They are Pravin, the Associate Manager, Kumaraswamy at the banquet, Gabriel the Supervisor. They were at our service at split of seconds whenever we required any kind of help.

My family and I have decided that "The Residency Towers" in Chennai will be our permanent Residence whenever we land in Chennai.

Keep up your great service.

Vijayeswari Vijanarayan

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vvijay0710
Dear Valued Guest,

My Team and I are delighted to read your extremely positive review of 'The Residency Towers' Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I have conveyed your compliments to my colleagues and they are pleased to receive this recognition.

We appreciate your support and look forward to your return.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I am not sure about the rooms and stay about the Residency towers. I hope it is good from what I have heard of from my friends. However, this review is about the restaurant called Main Street in Residency Towers.

We planned for team dinner and first came in my mind is Residency Towers Main Street. When I called them to book for dinner, the restaurant manager told me that they wont accept booking if the number of people is more than 20 so he suggested me to take banquet hall for us since we are around 50 people. The problem in booking banquet hall is that we need to pay extra tax and the food menu is very limited. I tried to convince them to book tables in main restaurant but they were not willing to book and keep insisting to get banquet hall. :(

Being a five star hotel and having that big restaurant am not sure why they are not taking booking for 50 people. I was very much disappointed and decided to go with some other restaurants in the city.

I searched for some email or contact person (higher level) but their website doesnt have contact information at all. Very bad.

Conclusion: If you are looking for team or family get together or dinner in Main street and if you are more than 20 people, you better go for some other restaurants or you will end up in paying more money for very limited food menu.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Mr.Shanmugam,

We refer to your review on the 'Main Street' posted on Trip Advisor.

At the Main Street, we have placed a cap on large groups, as we have earlier received negative feedback from fellow diners as well as encountered operational difficulties. In view of these constraints we recommend the banquet halls for groups over 25 guests.

Our website has the hotel contact details and mails addressed to the General Manager and are responded to within the hour.

I do hope we would have the pleasure of your return. Kindly feel free to contact me for any assistance.

With Best Regards

Amit Parashar
Sr.F N B Manager
cell: 7401201771
India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

very convenient, good location, near shopping and all. Rooms are reasonable, food is excellent and service fair enough. Surprisingly you do not get Taxi at the Hotel gate, learnt it hard way when trying to get back to the Airport, learnt that you should have booked some Taxi operator well in advance or you take Hotel drop services which is about 5 times to cost of usual taxi (1500 Rs. for a 300 Rs. usual fare)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I would like to thank you for your positive review of 'The Residency Towers' on Trip Advisor.

The public taxi services in Chennai are available only at the airport / train station and in the alternative, would be requesting the hotel reception for a private taxi which can be arranged from 'Fast Track' with a notice period of 60 minutes.

I appreciate your support and look forward to your return.

Hotel Manager.
Tirunelveli, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Awesome place for a Romantic & Warm evening for one who wants to gift their loved one.

Service & Staff were very courteous & helpful & Well trained & professional

One must never miss this wonderful place

Room Tip: ask for Deck
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank vinaysenthil
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 19, 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My 1st trip to Chennai and it was truly wonderful! I had gone with two other girlfriends. It was a short 3 nites 4 days trip and honestly wish we had more time. The last 2 days we spent at this hotel. Its a good hotel with fantastic location. Breakfast spread...the south indian platters were amazing! So much so that we called up the chef for his tips on making the Kichiri dish. Dosas and idlies were good, sponge soft and simply wunda-bar. There is also a disco/lounge if you like,however we decided to skip it. The only set back would be the mossy smell of the carpet. The bathroom was lovely and spacious. Would I go back...for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for posting such a wonderful review of The Residency Towers Hotel on Trip Advisor. My team appreciates your support and generosity.

I have briefed the Hotel Housekeeper on your observations and we are taking corrective measures.

We look forward to your support.

Busselton, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

my husband and i recently stayed at this property, we found the staff to be a breath of fresh air with their outstanding customer service and attention to detail.The room and the facilities definately provide everything for a comfortable and relaxing stay. The breakfast was fantastic and we definately did not go hungry, also the atmosphere and our meal in the restaurant was a lovely experience.we will definately return to this Hotel if were are to return in the future

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, July 3, 2013