“Not a bad option”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #22 of 437 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The location of this hotel is good. I stayed in a club room, and although the furniture looks a bit old the room was clean. The aircon is very strong which is nice since Chennai's temperature outside is a hot 36 degrees C. Free wifi is available in the room and throughout the hotel although when I was there on 17th April their server was down the whole day.

There is a good spread for the buffet breakfast including western and local Indian dishes.

I had booked through booking.com and the club room benefit comes with 2 way airport transfers.
However when I checked out the receptionist told me that it was only free for 1 way. After showing her the print out from booking.com and some insistence she gave me the complimentary
airport transfer.

All in not a bad option to stay in Chennai.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time and posting your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.

Kindly accept my apologies for the non availability of the Internet on April 17th and the mix up on the airport transfers.

I appreciate your support and look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was in Chennai on Business and stayed there for 2 nights. The overall stay was quite comfortable. Here are the highlights.

Room - Excellent. No complaints.

Ambience - Old world charm. Nice and quiet.

Decor - Gothic, detailed, old world .... impressive.

Staff - Service oriented and smiling.

Location - Very good .. in T Nagar.

Restaurant - Good. Nice Buffet spread.

Pool - Nice and relaxing.

Cleanliness - Spot on.

I mean ... what more do you want. For a nice, quiet and comfortable stay you can book this hotel in Chennai.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

April 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We at ‘The Residency Towers’ truly value your positive feedback posted on Trip Advisor and we do hope you shall give us an opportunity to look after you on your future visits to Chennai.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

12 Ladies had come in , we took our seats & the waiter tells us the time we are supposed to leave ...ridiculous ....IT ook half hr to clear the table & one hour to serve water ....as they were Sold out for dinner ...The Shameful part was not one table was occupied for Dinner . Since we were embarrassed we went to BIKES & Barrels ...we were clickiing pictures & from no where a Waiter comes & pull our phone from the Hand ...SHAME ON THE WAY YOU HAVE TREATED A LADY !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tanyakot
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for highlighting your concern during your recent visit to the Main Street.

We have taken immediate corrective measures to ensure lapses do not reoccur.

On behalf of my team kindly accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

Regards
Amit Parashar
F&B Manager
7401201771

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Been to their Very Famous Bike & Barrel -Pub 5 Years ago, what a wonderful Place It was..
Service was fantastic,Ambience was Great ,Food was very Good,
i Had Visited this Place on April 2013 , What a shabby it is Now, Terrible Maintenance Of the Place ,Poor Quality of Service & Food ,U could See a Total Dip of Entire Service,
Management Should Seriously Think About Their Property, Looking at other Competitiors, they should wake up..

3  Thank saxenapune

Dear Valued Guest,

With ref. to your review on BnB.. we wish to make a clarification. We have always permitted our valued guests to use their cameras.. in fact very often our service team members are requested by guests to take their photographs and we always obliged.

I have investigated your complaints and your photographer friend was not stopped from taking photographs but only requested to step down from the sofa she was standing on... there was obviously some communication gap due to the background music.

At the BnB as in the entire hotel we follow stringent Maintenance / House keeping standards and hence, I am surprised at your feedback. I have all the same asked the hotel Housekeeper to look into your concerns, kindly feel free to call me for any further clarifications.

Yours sincerely

F&B Manager
Amit Parashar
7401201771

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here for only one night, having been in Havelock Island for a month we decided to splash out on a little luxury in Chennai. The hotel is perfect location to the main part of the city of Chennai, about 30/40mins from the airport. It was very very grand, marble everywhere, absolutely beautiul craftmanship in this building. It offers 24/7 check in and out which is great because our flight was departing Chennai 04:00, hotel arranged our transfer to airport for us. The rooms are very grand and the bed soooo comfortable. The staff were very friendly enquiring about our time spent in India and speaking with us which was really nice! They were helpful when asking for directions to places etc.

There is room service, wake up calls, spa, gym and swimming pool (although make note that you are required to wear a full swimming costume in the pool not bikinis) however seeing as the pool was empty they did still allow me to use the pool. You get the sun on the pool during the day and there's very comfortable big bed loungers with hoods you can put up to protect you from the wind and to get some shade.

Great views over Chennai. Food was not spectacular but amazing they serve Beef!!! Also note that there is all kinds of taxes you pay, VAT, tax at 4.95% and then luxury tax also so the bill can add up!

Would definately recommend if your looking for luxury in the middle of a very busy and hectic city!! Would have loved to have stayed here for a few more days!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was the second time I've stayed at the Residency Towers and perhaps I was more impressed the first time around. Everything was excellent - the staff, the cleanliness, the facilities and the breakfast buffet. It's located right near Pondi Bazaar and the sari shops in T Nagar. My only reason for downgrading to a 4-star review was my disappointment on checking out to find that they had charged me for an extra bed in our room (the room only had a small bed), when I had specifically booked a twin share room and was quoted a price months in advance. Fortunately though, they removed that charge when I took up the issue with them although I felt it was inappropriate to be charged like that in the first place. Otherwise, I definitely recommend this hotel for comfortable, reliable and clean accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time and posting your valuable feedback on our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I have briefed the Front Desk Manager on the issue highlighted and we are taking corrective measures. Kindly accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

We appreciate your support and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This Hotel is centrally located in Chennai. It is rerasonably proces Star Hotel. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The service is very good. Best thing about this hotel is it offers 24 hours check out. The staff in this hotel are very courteous and well informed. The food served across various restaurants are very delicious. They have a restaurant called main street, South Indian Restaurant called Southern Aroma and a roof top restaurant called Crown. The best place to have dinner is in the open in the roof top and you can see city landscape. The Director of this Hotel Mr Roop Chadda comes across as an extremely warm person and demonstrates hospitality. The only problem you may find here is mosquitos in the reception and the parking area in the evening.

Room Tip: Choose Club Room and you get complimentary airport transfers (worth about Rs.2,500)