“Advantage @ Chennai”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #25 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Kuala Lumpur
“Advantage @ Chennai”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

A warm friendly and clean hotel packaged with good friendly staff and good air conditioning.
Room service is very efficient and staff are capable og getting items not in the menu, specially catered for us.
We had to leave very early for an outstation day trip and the staff prepared breakfast at 430am at no extra charge!!
Rooms are clean and good air conditioning.
Restaurants are good local food and clean.
The Duty managers are very very helpful and efficient.
Hotel is located at a convenient place with good transpot available.
The concierge even advise on where to get reasonable transport which we checked later and found to be very reasonable!
Kudos to a good hotel and more so to the staff.
A credit to INDIA!
Cheers

From Dr Brahma Balakrishnan

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DrBrahma007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My stay at the Residency followed an extremely long and tiring journey from Eastern Europe to follow the ICC World Cup. On arrival in Chennai I was exhausted and simply wanted to treat myself to a little extra comfort. The Sheraton was full - thanks to the England Cricket Team - so I tried out the Residency Towers.
There are quite a number of beautiful hotels now in Chennai and this is definitely among them. The reception area gives you a little taster of what you can expect from the rooms. I had considered going Club, but decided to check out the standard double. This was as you might expect in this price range - large, spotlessly clean, and kitted out with everything you need, (Sat TV, safe, mini bar, etc). I particularly liked the huge walk-in shower as opposed to the normal bath tub option. The food in the downstairs restaurant was very good, as was the room service. Both being very efficient and friendly. I also loved the 24 hr check-in, which means you don't have to worry about being turfed out before midday next morning. If only all hotels did this!
The bed was wonderful, fresh, and so comfy..............just a pity I wasn't allowed to fully enjoy it. Leading to my one cause for complaint. During my stay there were hotel renovations ongoing - something the desk staff failed to mention to me on arrival. Naughty-naughty. This alone completely ruined my stay, due to the fact I was rudely awoken the next morning at 08:45 am by very loud drilling. My call down to reception to ask what the hell was going on, was acknowledged but resulted in no feedback in the form of an official answer or apology.

This subsequently caused me to rethink things for my return visit a week later, where instead of booking in for a full week I decided to look elsewhere. From that search I discovered the Raj Park in TTK Road - very similar rooms for a 1/3 of the price less per/night. Residency Towers lost my repeat business because of that one episode, but without the noise I still rate this hotel highly, especially if you compare it with other hotels in the upper bracket. Residency is a very good place to consider if you want centrally located comfort at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
worcestershire
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Stayed here with husband for 8 nights. We had a conference at nearby hotel.
So comfortable with large quiet room on club floor. Really recommend paying a
little extra for the club rooms, as you can then use the club restaurant for breakfast and sit on lovely balcony overlooking city. The pool was lovely for me to sunbathe by in the afternoon with a book...All staff very pleasant and polite. The top floor restaurant was gorgeous with tables outdoors. We spent a couple of nights two weeks later at the Raintree (the brand new one) Anna Salai, but this just seemed too modern and could have been anywhere in the world whilst the Residency had a really Indian exotic feel to it.
Good shopping nearby, esp. for mens shirts and childrens clothes etc.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I enjoyed my stay with Residency..
It was a Business meet with my clients and my clients appreciated the stay and enjoyed.

The rooms were neat and clean..
The bar was a good place to chill out.
I would recommend this hotel as it is located in the heart of the city and convenient.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
AUH
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This is the second time in two years I have stayed at this hotel. I stayed for two days each time alone on office work. This hotel is very comfortable and has a good ambience (for the rates and compared to similar hotels). Is in a quiet area, T Nagar. Housekeeping was prompt on call and room service is available. Got a very good restaurant, Mains street, which has the buffet breakfast and it is good to very good.The other restaurant which I tried , the Southern Aromas , is authentic south Indian and good.
Did not try any other restaurant. Used the business (office room).
The atmosphere is good and the staff is efficient. Both times were a good experience .I would definetely recommend including western travellers (there is usually a good flow of westerners through this hotel from the two times I was there). Worth it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, It was worth every 'paisa' spent. Great Service, food, Breakfast etc. Location was good near, Poondy Bazaar so shopping was easy since it's T.Nagar district. It has a great business centre also. Staff were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I were visiting with my elderly mom-in- law. The service was good. The staff were approachable and informative.
We saw a caring staff in Residency Towers. It's only a night's stay and we certainly hope to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple