The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$217
$144
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$132
$83
Taj Hotels
Great 4.5/5
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
$72
$67
Very Good 4/5
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$138
$103
  • Pool
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$80
$55
Great 4.5/5
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$88
$61
Good 3.5/5
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$177
$119
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$85
$57
  • Breakfast included
The Residency(Chennai (Madras))
$64
$48
Very Good 4/5
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$216
$130
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,013 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantabove sea levelchap chayrain treecolony restaurantchinese restaurantanna salaitop floorbusiness hotelwonderful hotelbreakfast buffetcomfortable roomsfilter coffeea wonderful stayswimming poolclub roomroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed at Raintree several times over the years, my last visit was earlier this month for a company hosted conference. A few thoughts:

Location: 30 to 45 minutes from the airport, depending on traffic.

Conference halls: Several halls of different sizes.

Food: No complaints from our group of 50, so this should be a reasonably good indication of the overall quality of food. The breakfast spread was very good and the service was excellent. The food in the roof top restaurant was quite good, though the prices compete with typical 5-star rates.

Rooms: Well maintained, with tea-coffee maker.

Eco-friendliness: The napkins in the banquet halls are sent back to the supplier for recycling. Good idea. The switch console near the bed has the 'green' eco-button. Thank you for not switching on all the lights or setting the air-con at max cool, like so many hotels do, after cleaning the room, There are two waste bins in the room, for dry and wet garbage. The towels in the room were replaced even when hung up on the rack. Management, please note.

Electricity sockets not visible near the bed or desk: Charging the laptop and mobile phone proved to be a treasure hunt of sorts. One set of sockets is cleverly hidden away at ground level behind the curtains, behind the desk, good for the laptop. I used the socket at floor level behind the single sofa, meant for the floor lamp, to recharge my mobile phone. Bending a few times a day is probably good for the back, though. See photo.

Surroundings: Quiet, residential lane. A highly recommended, simple restaurant, appropriately named Quality, is located at the end of the street just before the Adyar Auto/Taxi stand, my favourite for years when I want to escape from 5-star food. The air-con section is located up a narrow flight of stairs.

Summary: Excellent property, rooms, service, conference facilities and location.

1  Thank JG-Blr
raintree18, Manager at The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear JG-Blr,

Vanakkam !

It was indeed our immense pleasure having you with us and thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at The Raintree, St. Mary's Road.

Your elaborate feedback is much appreciated and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Additionally your feedback on replacement of towels and hidden sockets are well noted and are looked in to.

Thank you once again for your delightful feedback and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have stayed here on many occasions and the service I receive is excellent--every time! I will be back again in a few months time and always look forward to staying here. Food is excellent, staff are extremely professional. The duty manager Mr. Deeparaj in particular is extremely thoughtful and ensures every aspect of my stay is first class. When I visit Chennai in the future, I will stay at the Raintree. I recommend this hotel without hesitation.

1  Thank NK_Canada154914
raintree18, Manager at The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear NK_Canada154914,

Vanakkam !

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for taking out your most precious time to write your valuable review on Trip Advisor.

We have conveyed your compliments to our Duty Manager Deeparaj who is extremely pleased.

We once again thank you for the recommendation you have made and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Raintree, St. Mary's Road.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Top notch service. Excellent food. There is a roof top restaurant with great views. The breakfast is awesome. Nicely appointed rooms, upscale look, and stylishly done. I have stayed four 2 week trips in the past 2 years. Like coming back. Internet works well too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
raintree18, Manager at The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Roy Benita D,

Vanakkam !

We thank you for sharing your wonderful and heartwarming feedback about your recent stay at The Raintree, St. Mary's Road.

I would like to let you know that a sense of merit filled our team when had your feedback read.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to The Raintree, St. Mary's Road.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel looks as good as it did a year ago. Rooms are modern and spotless. The breakfast is great, as are the restaurants for dinner. The best thing on this visit: my plane was 4 hours late, but the driver from the hotel waited for me. This is a reliable, safe, friendly hotel and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I wish there was one in every city.

Dear MKD_Canada,

Vanakkam !

We are indeed very glad to see your encouraging feedback about your recent stay at The Raintree, St. Mary's Road.

We have conveyed your compliments to our Driver who is highly pleased.

We look forward to seeing you here soon and it's our pleasure to continue delighting you as always.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

European quality

Decoration: very tastefully decorated rooms
Food: international and indian food.
Service: excellent, a 10. Helpful, charming, nice, smiling.

Sleeping: no noise, very very comfortable matress. A pleasure. I slept better than at home.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
raintree18, Manager at The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Silktree_bcn,

Vanakkam !

Thank you for your motivating review, we are delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We are extremely encouraged to know that we have delivered good and effecient service.

Look forward to Welcoming you soon at The Raintree, St. Mary's Road.